Retirements Complaints Team Manager **12 Month Fixed Term Contract**
End DateMonday 16 May 2022
Salary Range£29,712 - £37,140
Agile Working OptionsOther Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description SummaryAt Scottish Widows we provide critical services to millions of Lloyds Banking Groups Life, Pensions and Investments, General Insurance and Wealth customers.
We support their needs (whatever they are) driven by a clear purpose to Help Britain recover, then prosper.
And together we can make it possible...
Within Retirements our primary focus is delivering outstanding customer service to our customers and developing our colleagues to reach their potential.
We're passionate about making a difference whilst keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. Our focus is continuing to improve customer experience, simplifying our business and making Retirements an excellent place to work for our colleagues.
We are looking for someone to continue the strong culture of trusting our colleagues to do the right thing, drive continuous improvement and encourage everyone to bring their best self to work every single day.
The successful candidate will lead, support and encourage the team to achieve high standards of efficiency and accuracy, while also supporting the Senior Leadership Team and being pro-active in identifying and resolving issues.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, versatile and driven individual to take a pivotal role in the success of this team. It is a varied and exciting role that involves managing resources, performance and colleague wellbeing whilst supporting and developing your team.
We' re an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Together We Make It Possible.
- Be responsible for leading a significant customer service complaints team who complete a broad range of complex processes. The timely delivery of the support from this team to the business is key to enabling the operational teams to provide and maintain a consistently high level of service to our customers.
- Identify shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures and improve customer satisfaction.
- Embrace curiosity and innovation to identify improvement opportunities and support a simpler way of doing business by using judgement and customer feedback to improve our customers journey.
- Take ownership of risk and ensure customers receive fair outcomes, proactively identify and promptly escalate issues to improve our control environment. Ensuring adherence to all policies/procedures/conduct requirements to ensure complaints are handled compliantly.
- Lead by example and coach team to demonstrate flexibility, utilising skills to respond and adapt to meet the changing needs of our customers and business
- Role model the principals of Your Best and personal development, embracing coaching and feedback to continuously grow the teams capability now and for the future
- Create an engaging environment and positively influence our culture by seeking feedback, recognising colleagues for their contribution and role model the Brand and our Values and Behaviours
Job Family Key Capabilities:
- Customer Service Delivery: Works independently using comprehensive knowledge and skills while guiding and training others on meeting high customer service standards.
- Develops People: Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organisations objectives. Emphasises the importance of learning and growing, encourages people to build new skills and provides opportunities for them to develop. Provides in-the-moment coaching, development activities and stretch goals.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences and their team. For example, tailors communication content and style to the needs of others. Pays attention to others' input and perspectives, asks questions, and summarises to confirm understanding.
- Resilience: Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations. For example, deals effectively with crises and volatile situations. Puts mistakes into perspective and helps them move forward. Maintains calm in adversity; stays objective. Uses challenges and difficult experiences as an opportunity for personal and team growth.
This role is considered Certified under the Senior Manager and Certification Regime as either requiring mandatory qualifications or being deemed as a role capable of providing significant harm to customers. Due to this, successful candidates and will be subject to enhanced levels of vetting, and required to complete a fitness and propriety attestation on commencement in role. Colleagues performing this role will be required to be complete a fitness and propriety attestation on an annual basis and will also be subject to additional routine criminal and credit checks
As a certified colleague your details will be published on the FCAs Financial Services Register
This role has been identified as a Functions requiring qualifications under SYSC 27.8.10R as defined in the FCA Handbook.(1) Each function involving an activity for which there is a qualification requirement as specified in TC App 1.1.1R (Activities and Products/Sectors to which TC applies) is an FCA certification function.(2) A person performs the FCA certification function in this rule even if: (a) the time period within which the person must have obtained the qualification requirement has not yet expired; or (b) the person is exempt from the qualification requirement.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together were building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.