Relief Support Worker - Oakham
We are looking for Relief Support Workers to join our Community Support Service based in Oakham We can be flexible with the number of hours offered and will consider applications from all interested candidates.
As a Support Worker you will be required to work across various shifts patterns 09:00 - 22:00, some weekends and bank holiday as well sleep ins 22:00 - 09:00.
Do you want to make a positive difference to peoples lives? For some people, Support Work is something they would love to do but life makes it difficult to commit to a full or part time position. That's where the role of a Relief Support Worker comes in! It gives you the flexibilityto choose the shifts you want to work, based on your availabilityand the needs of the service.
As a Relief Support Worker flexibility is key as you may be required to work a variety of different shifts. You should have the ability to work flexibly across weekdays, weekends and bank holidays and shifts will be spread across mornings, afternoons, evenings, sleep ins and waking nights. Your flexibility is therefore essential for us to be able to meet the needs of the people we support.
The role of a Relief Support Worker can be challenging at times, so it is essential to have a positive mind-set with a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. You will need to be quick thinking and have a positive can-do attitude.
What does a Relief Support Worker do?
As a Relief Support Worker you will be expected to provide an outstanding level of support that will enormously contribute to the people we support, living a more comfortable, dignified, liberated and happy life.
- Supporting people to live independently - budget management, paying bills, housework, organising appointments and cooking delicious healthy meals.
- Relationship building - supporting the people we support to understand the world around them and promoting positive relationships.
- Community & Social Inclusion - supporting individuals to access and participate in their local community and social events to promote life skills and individuality.
- Personal care - helping people to get ready for the day.This may include prompting the people we support to take their medication and assisting with bathing, showering and using the bathroom.Not all Support Worker roles include high levels of personal care.
Have you thought about working for Mencap?
Mencap is a leader in providing excellent support to people with a learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. Everything we do at Mencap keeps the people we support at the centre of what we do. To find out a bit more about what life as a Support Worker is like, please click here to watch a short video.
With us, its never just a job. In return for your hard work and passion you can find real and meaningful work experience, access to some excellent benefits alongside our competitive pay. Click here to find out more about our Mencap benefits.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the directgov website.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
Mencap are strongly encouraging all our colleagues to have the Covid-19 vaccine as a way to help protect each other and the people we support.
No two days are ever the same, sometimes they may be challenging but they will always positive so click apply now to be considered!
*All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to peoples lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- Flexibility to work the hours you choose
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major supermarkets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Annual leave entitlement based on hours accrued
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
Youll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but youll get back so much more. With us, it is never just a job.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.