Support Worker - Bordon
- Full Time
Have you thought about working for Mencap?
Mencap is a leader in providing excellent support to people with a learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
We have immediate opportunities to provide support workers to provide vital support to people with a learning disability through this tough time. We're recruiting full time, part time permanent and bank Support Workers across the UK now!
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. Everything we do at Mencap keeps the people we support at the centre of what we do.
With us, it’s never ‘just a job’. In return for your hard work and passion you can find real and meaningful work experience, access to some amazing benefits alongside our competitive pay.
What does a Support Worker do?
As a Support Worker you will be expected to provide an outstanding level of support that will enormously contribute to the people we support, living a more comfortable, dignified, liberated and happy life.
- Personal care - helping people to get ready for the day and assisting with bathing, showering and using the bathroom.
- Supporting people to live independently budget management, paying bills, house work, organising appointments and cooking delicious healthy meals.
- Excellent communication skills/relationship building supporting the person to understand the world around them and promoting positive relationships.
- Community & Social Inclusion- Supporting individuals to access and participate in their local community and Social events to promote life skills and individuality.
Cromwell Court is a Mencap service supporting 8 people with a learning disability.
Each person we support has their own self-contained 1 bedroom flat. They are new, bright, well equipped and the ideal platform to support people moving towards a greater level of independence in their lives.
Currently, 6 of the flats are occupied and we now need additional Support Workers to compliment the team, so that we are able to welcome others to their new home.
The role will focus on the emotional and practical needs of the individual and their day to day living.
This is a hugely rewarding role that will not only make you feel proud to support someone with everything associated with moving into a new home, but also to be part of such a memorable time for them. Together, you will be building new friendships, activities and opportunities within the local community, and beyond. You will be seeking out their hobbies, interests and passions and creating some fantastic memories along the way.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the directgov website.
No two days are never the same, sometimes they may be challenging but always positive so click apply now to be considered!
*All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references.
Mencap are strongly encouraging all our colleagues to have the Covid-19 vaccine as a way to help protect each other and the people we support. This is becoming increasingly important as evidence is starting to grow that the vaccine could help stop the spread of the virus, as well as protecting the person vaccinated from getting very ill.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation, bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
-At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.