Are you an established Java Developer? Do you have experience with API Integration? Would you like to join a team whom is looking to revolutionise data integration within Metro Bank? If you’ve answered yes, we may have the role for you!
As a Kafka Engineer, you will be responsible for building a data integration platform to support engineering teams who are scaling up data integration within the Bank. As part of your role, you will collaborate with Software Engineers, Data Engineers and operational teams (ITOps, CloudOps, AppOps, SecOps) to drive this initiative forward.
Most of our jobs offer the opportunity for hybrid / remote working. Ask your recruiter for more details.
So what would you be doing?...
• Writing clean and testable code
• Translating user stories into functional applications
• Communicating technical issues to non-technical audience
• Being responsible for your own work from requirements to acceptance in production
• Reviewing code and collaborating on design patterns
• Building engineering tooling to streamline workflows for data integration and testing
• Collaborate with engineering team to identify root-cause and remediate any issues in production
• Taking initiative in order to improve workflow and quality
• Role modelling MetroBank behaviours to all colleagues
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• To be successful in this role, you will have in-depth knowledge of Apache Kafka and writing stream processing applications
• We need you to have thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• In order to hit the ground running, you will have knowledge of Apache Avro and Data Schemas
• Naturally, you will have strong understanding of Microservices and SOLID? principles
• You will have first class programming skills in Java 11
• It is key that you have experience in Apache Camel, GraphQL or Spring Integration
• We need you to have knowledge of Spring Framework and Cloud computing
• It is key you have strong communication skills and a collaborative approach - this role involves coaching junior members of the team
• In order to be amazing in this role, you will have thorough knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and behaviour Driven Development (BDD) practices in an Agile (Scrum) work environment