As Product Manager Retail Overdrafts the work you do will touch all Metro Bank retail current account holders. The Product Manager is responsible for driving uptake of the overdraft facility and responsible usage through compelling, relevant propositions that are appropriate to customer needs.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working.
So what would you be doing?...
• Establishing Metro Bank as a leading participant in the overdrafts market, by maximising the current proposition and developing new-to-market propositions to attract new fans to the Bank.
• Leading Metro Bank’s response to mandates issued by relevant regulators.
• Managing and owning the compliance of our Retail overdrafts, including in-depth product reviews and forward planning.
•Managing and owning the commercial performance of our Retail overdrafts, including performance monitoring, risk monitoring, pricing reviews, forecasting and budgeting.
• Regularly monitoring overdrafts to ensure they work as we expect both back-end and front-end (application and servicing journey/process reviews, documentation).
• Developing effective risk management throughout the product lifecycle including conduct risk monitoring.
•Supporting as required other retail bank accounts initiatives, such as Credit Cards, Loans or Bank Accounts.
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally you will understand market drivers (customer, technological, competitor, regulatory) to drive profitable growth across retail overdrafts.
• You will understand customer needs, attitudes and behaviour to build customer-focused propositions that support the Metro Bank brand.
•It is essential that you have a working knowledge of regulation that applies to overdrafts, including BCOBS, CONC and CCA, and experience partnering with Compliance functions to find appropriate solutions to regulatory ambiguity.
•You should understand credit risk and responsible lending requirements applicable to overdrafts, including scorecards and affordability assessments.
•Ideally you will have experience of effective product risk management to deliver the right customer outcomes throughout the product lifecycle.