Do you want to develop an in depth understanding of how we work alongside our regulators? Are you looking for exposure to a wide range of Metro Bank business areas? Are you super organised and take pride in attention to detail? Then becoming a Regulatory Policy Analyst could be the role for you…
Our Regulatory Policy Analysts play an essential role in the communication with our regulators. This role creates FANS by making sure we are keeping our customers safe by keeping up to date with changes to policies being implemented by our regulators.
Most of our jobs offer the opportunity for hybrid / remote working. Ask your recruiter for more details.
So what would you be doing?...
• Assisting the team with making arrangements for regulatory meetings between key stakeholders across the bank with the PRA, Bank of England and FCA
• Supporting Regulatory Affairs processes and procedures following established procedures to make sure all correspondence, actions and engagement with our Regulators is tracked accurately and efficiently
• Horizon scanning looking forward and identifying developments and changes that will be implemented by our regulators and sharing this insight across the business
• Supporting your team to prepare communications for senior and executive stakeholders regarding planned changes in regulation this will involve assisting in the preparation of detailed gap analysis and wider policy analysis to identify upcoming regulatory change ad ensuring it is communicated and managed across all three lines of defense
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Whilst this is an excellent entry level opportunity into the world of regulatory policy and affairs, you will have knowledge of the regulatory environment that impacts Metro Bank
• An understanding of the Regulatory Change lifecycle, including the different stages of policy development, would be advantageous
• Communication is key you will need to confidently manage challenging stakeholders to address risks across the bank
• Have experience of providing practical and pragmatic support and guidance to the business in relation to regulatory or risk management matters
• Excellent organizational skills are required for success, you will need to be able to organise a diary and prepare agendas for senior stakeholders internally and externally as well as balancing other day to day ad hoc tasks