Customer Assistant - Community Champion
From a Bradford market stall to the UKs fourth largest supermarket we are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK over almost 500 stores and an online home delivery service.
Our business is mainly food & grocery and, uniquely, we source & process most of the fresh food that we sell through our own manufacturing facilities.
Our Morrisons stores are at the heart of their local community. Whether its fundraising for national or local charities, helping the homeless or ensuring our vulnerable and elderlycustomers have food in their cupboards. Our Community Champions are there for their local community, for many they are a beacon of hope. They create a sense of teamwork and community amongst their colleagues and lead the charge to do what right to support the local community.
Reporting into the Customer Service Manager, you will also:
- Develop and implement a local Community Plan for the store, which helps address the key issues the local community faces.
- Build relationships and work with key local stakeholders, businesses and charities as well as local media contacts e.g. local press and radio
- Be an ambassador for your Morrisons store in the local community, spreading the word about all the great initiatives and services we can offer.
- Manage the stores community budget to support local good causes and deliver company-wide initiatives
- Be a part of a bigger community champion team. Sharing ideas with fellow community champions in the business and sharing good news stories and bestpractice.
- Support the leadership team in planning in store community events and marketing these within the local community.
- Help create an inclusive culture where everyone in the store feels welcome to shop and work.
- Take pride in your role and role model outstanding customer service in store and create team camaraderie.
You will play a vital role in our business and have a huge impact on our success so not only will you receive excellent training, support and continued development but we will also offer a competitive salary and superb benefits package.
Our benefits package not only includes a generous bonus but you will also receive an attractive pension scheme, private healthcare as well as a colleague discount that we encourage you to share with your friends and family.
No doubt you'll have shopped in our stores before, but why not take a look at some of the areas our customers don't see, such as our warehouses and colleague canteens to get a real taste of life at Morrisons. Explore using our 360 tour here.
What do we need from you?
- Experience and examples of volunteering with local charities. A passion for fundraising and being able to think of creative ways to be able to do this
- You will need to be a great and confident communicator who can share knowledge, experience and best practice, and also talk about Morrisons articulately in the local community
- You will be a highly motivated, self starter with high energy and passion for the role
- You will need to have the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across all areas
- You must be adaptable to change, whilst being able to challenge effectively
- You will actively listen to and respond effectively to customers, colleagues and the local community
Shopkeepers for over 100 years, we love providing our customers with a great shopping experience they wont find anywhere else.
At just under 500stores across the UK, ourretail colleagues work as one team to provide plenty of food essentials, a great service and a buzz people enjoy. Its why our customers keep coming back for more.
The UKs 4thlargest supermarket, we provide great value for money and good quality fresh food and groceries to over 11 million customers every week. Our focus on freshness makes us stand out as we prepare more fresh food in-store than any other supermarket. Its challenging. Its fast-paced. But from Market Street to checkout our friendly team loves going above and beyond to bring our customers what they want.
At Morrisons we believe in investing in our colleagues and industry-leading training programmes. We provide our colleagues with the opportunities they need to make it to the top. Many of our store managers started out on the shop floor. Theyve been there and done that. Its how they know how to support our colleagues and help our customers so well.