Working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team this role as a facilities assistant plays a core part in providing fantastic customer service.
The Hours: 975 per year
The Salary: 17,004 (pro rata)
What it’s like to work here
One of the East Midlands’ top 10 visitor attractions, ghostly Calke Abbey is a high performing property. The unique visitor experience gives a vivid portrayal of a decaying country house, with the property’s interiors preserved but not restored. The team are passionate and committed to the property and maintain exceptional standards of conservation. The newly refurbished restaurant serves local and seasonal produce, including organically reared meat from the estate.
What you’ll be doing
As the Facilities Assistant, you’ll assist with the day to day cleanliness and presentation the National Trust’s buildings and outdoor spaces. You’ll turn your practical hand to all sorts of cleaning and minor maintenance ensuring all our facilities are kept in good working order. You’ll also be asked to help with some manual work such as unloading deliveries.
Duties such as cleaning, sweeping and litter picking will form a core part of the role, both inside and outdoors. You’ll ensure the highest standards of customer service across the area by always implementing a ‘customer comes first’ attitude. General maintenance work and helping within other teams will also form part of your role.
Please also read the full role profile attached to this advert.
Who we’re looking for
- Helpful & Friendly
- Customer focused with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player, but also can work on your own initiative
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.