Administrator (full or part time we are all ears)
- Part Time
Are you looking to work in an open and friendly environment?
Do you have proven administrator skills in a non-health care environment?
Or (not essential) do you have experience as a coder / patient notes summariser?)
Administrator in our CLINICAL CODING AND DATA QUALITY TEAM
What we can offer you…
- Work in a team that values your input and recognises that the quality of our work is driven by the quality of our people
- Work in an open, friendly and supportive environment
- Work with people who encourage you to share ideas
- We provide you with all the tools, training and personal support needed to enjoy and succeed
- Build administration skills in a fast paced, demanding but supportive environment that will last a lifetime
This is why the staff at Priory Medical Group are…
- Focussed and enthusiastic and get a buzz from
- Exercising their “can-do attitude” in the face of any new situation, setback, or challenge
- Good honest ‘Team Work’, where you can rely upon your colleagues and they can rely on you
- Dedicated to delivering the ‘Best Customer Care’, every day, every patient, every task
What is an administrator in our Clinical Coding team?
Our Administration Team is made up of three specialties Clinical Coding and Data Quality, Patient Records and Referral Management and Private Clients. This role is within the Clinical Coding speciality and will include:
- Working in our electronic patient record; assigning the relevant code to electronic hospital letters and results on a patients record. This helps our clinicians and colleagues identify patients who need particular care
- Processing electronic lab results onto patient records
- running various searches / audits of patient records and sending invites to patients
- Summarising new patients notes
- Providing an excellent reliable service to your colleagues, patients, and our external clients
- Retrieving and processing information from the electronic patient records system efficiently and accurately
- This role will continue to evolve as we always looking to improve how we do our work and you will be expected to rise to the challenge
What we look for in your application:
- Proven, strong administrative skills in a fast paced environment (health care environment desirable but not essential)
- The positive attitude and outlook required to work in a fast paced customer centred business
- Proven Team Player and the ability to interact effectively with all colleagues and customers
- Professional pride in the quality of your work, and your interaction with colleagues and customers
- A healthy dose of common sense. Whilst our team members work in a team and always have access to support, we expect our colleagues to work independently and react positive to challenges and new situations.
- Flexibility we are constantly improving and evolving our ways of working and you will be expected to react positively to change and you will be encouraged to share your ideas, suggestions and views
- Proven speedy, efficient and accurate data inputting / keyboard skills
- Any knowledge of medical terminology is advantageous but not essential as training will be given
- Proven ability to follow processes and procedures accurately and efficiently
- Competent in the use of PC based technologies including Microsoft Outlook, Word. Full training will be given for in-house systems
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality in the workplace and able to follow data protection policies and guidelines
- Great communication skills face to face, on the phone and via e-mail
Job title: Administrator Clinical Coding and Data Quality Team
Working hours/contact times:
30 hours per week, Monday to Friday
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
£8.91 per hour rising to £9.40 per hour (£18,330 per year) after successful probationary period + Company pension scheme (Non NHS)
Location: Based at Priory Medical Group, Acomb, Cornlands Road.
Selection for Interview
The Practice recognises that discrimination of any kind is both unlawful and would act as a barrier to finding the most talented individuals for our organisation. As such, our recruitment and selection procedures exist to ensure no job applicant, employee or worker is discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
A great deal of careful consideration has been invested in preparing the advert for this post based on the specification for this role and the person we are looking for. Our selection for interview process is designed to ensure individuals are selected for interview on the merit of their application only.
If you are applying through NHS Jobs, you will notice you are asked if you would like a guaranteed interview as part of the ‘Two Tick’ disability scheme. Whilst this is an admirable government initiative, please be aware we are not signed up to this scheme. This is a question on the NHS jobs application form which is outside of our own control. Our own process ensures we consider candidates on the merit of their application only and we do not ask any questions regarding a disability as part of our selection process. We only give candidates the opportunity to share information regarding any disability after candidates are invited to interview and only if the candidate feels they require adjustments in the interview process....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.