- Full Time
Location/Trust:Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Locations: Nottingham University Hospital, Queens Medical Centre NG7 2UH
Pay Bands:Band 3
Shift patterns:Typically full time - Mon - Friday’s 08:00 to 16:00
Duration: 6 months Subject to reviews.
Pay Rate per hour £10.09 Plus accrued holiday pay
Pay Rate per hour £10.09 plus accrued Holiday pay.
Would you like to be part of a Trust that value, recognise and celebrate staff members? Nottingham University Hospitals NHS trust was Rated ‘Outstanding’ in ‘Well Led’ by the CQC and is home to some of the world’s leading clinicians and experts
Are you a person passionate about health care and want to make a difference?
We have long term placement opportunities available for Secretaries and Receptionists at Nottingham University NHS Trust.
The post holder will ensure the provision of comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to their Clinicians/Nurse Specialists within their specialities.
The post holder will prioritise the demands of a challenging workload on a daily basis and they will be expected to organise the completion of their workload in line with the needs and targets of the Medical Administration Service. They will be required to escalate and discuss any issues or concerns with their respective Lead. Observe, uphold and enforce health & safety regulations.
General responsibilitiesinclude the following. List not exhaustive.
Be responsible for arranging partial booking follow up appointments.
• Using Medway PAS or any other relevant electronic booking systems arrange appointments for new and follow up clinics, as instructed by the directorate management team medical/nursing staff.
• Reduce and cancel clinics
• Arrange transport as necessary
• Ensure Referral to treatment patient data quality is accurate at all times.
• Deal appropriately with enquiries, by telephone and in person, from staff and the general public, seeking advice or referring elsewhere if necessary.
• Manage the demand and capacity within the standard operating practice taking decision to escalate to the directorate management team any capacity issues
• Managing the national choose and book system. Ensure all slots are set up within choose and book and polled according to directorate capacity plan
• Highlight any choose and book capacity issues that arise via the “Available Slot Issues” list
• Support and facilitate directorates in completion and timely update of their Directory of Services
• Ensure all referrals are logged and booked in a timely manner meeting the standrads in the NUH Access Policy.
• Responds to any temporary day to day demand and capacity updates required in Medway
• Print appointment/procedure confirmation letters as necessary and send to patients with the relevant information leaflets promptly.
• Keep personally updated and be able to advise patients in relation to peripheral services available, i.e. transport, interpreting services etc.
• Notify Outpatient Co-ordinator or designated person of any patients who fail to attend their appointment who will take necessary action in line with department and/or Trust policies.
• Receive and respond to enquiries from relatives/external agencies adhering to Trust confidentiality guidelines at all times
• Distributing and opening in-coming mail timely and dealing with appropriately.
• Be able to competently use Medway PAS and other information technology systems and participate in training programmes to develop and update personal skills to meet the needs of the department.
• Maintain tidy, safe working environment, reporting any hazards or faults timely and appropriately.
• Present a professional, polite and courteous attitude at all times and be appropriately dressed when on duty.
• Undertake any other duties, which may reasonably be required.
What will give you an edge in applying for these positions?
- Having worked as a receptionist in NHS / medical environment previously
- Experience using Trust systems, including Medway, Notis, Winscribe
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits:
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it 24/7 365 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals ?
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don’t have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 126,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over£70 millioneach year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
COVID-19 considerations: Applicants need to be prepared to work in an environment in which COVID19 may be present; all necessary infection control measures have been considered and appropriate PPE will be supplied....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.