Looking for a challenge? Looking for a different environment where you can make a difference?
- Have you ever thought of transferring your clinical skills within a prison environment
- Are you looking to gain extra experience in a challenging but rewarding role?
- Do you want the opportunity and time to provide patient care?
- Are you looking for support from your peers? Then this could be the job for you.
HMP Coldingley is a category C men’s prison situated in Woking, Surrey.
Providing healthcare services to Offenders means ensuring respect and wellbeing is at the heart of our approach.
Nursing in prison is never dull or predictable. Prison is a community within a community, and so your skills will be to support those with physical health problems, who may also have secondary health needs, such as mental health issues and substance misuse complications.
It’s this variety that keeps things fresh and stimulating. Every day will bring new challenges and new experiences. But at the same time, you’ll have all the support you need to deliver the best care possible. The role will be an experience like no other, and whilst you will provide support to the established nursing team, you will be supported by the team, and the trust in developing your skills. You will be supported to practice autonomously within your field of expertise in everything from clinical triage, wound care to the evaluation and development of patient care and standards.
The Job Requirements
- You will be a registered nursing associate with a real passion for developing your clinical skills in an environment that is ever changing.
- You’ll have a flexible approach working within a team that encourage new ideas and opinions on how to improve the service.
- Be able to work autonomously
- Show initiative when it comes to handling a wide range of situations
For further details / informal visits contact:
NameCarol CasbierdJob titlePrimary Care Clinical LeadEmail [email protected]