**PLEASE NOTE THIS IS TO APPLY TO JOIN NHS PROFESSIONALS’ ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS BANK**
Job Title and Grade: Band 2 Audiology Assistant
Location/Trust: Watford/ Hemel Hempstead/ St Albans, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
Department Covered: Children’s Hearing Service
Pay Rates: Days: 9.21
Placement Ref/ID: 37382
Join the bank for flexibility in how you work.
Would you like to be part of a team that has a real supportive and inclusive ethos and sense of community, in a Trust rated ‘Good’ in a recent CQC report, working in a location with all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above, we’d love to hear from you!
We have long term placement opportunities available for audiology assistants available at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust, specifically providing the following.
- To undertake the role of assistant during paediatric audiological procedures according to national, professional and local protocols.
- To maintain empathy and rapport with the patient/carer during testing to maximise the quality of test results and minimise patient anxiety including identifying the relevant concerns of the patient, any contraindications to procedures, and explaining and carrying out procedures.
- To accurately record the outcome of any patient contact in the case and/or medical notes ( electronically), including devices, documentation or advice given, and any relevant information or observations relating to the patient or the test conditions
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust has an enviable reputation, great supportive team with a family feel.
To apply for this post, you will:
- Skilled in using keyboard, computers
- Require concentration for long time to engage with young children and engage them in play
- Good, will have to follow infection control policy and clean and disinfect the toys which come in contact with children’s body fluids such as saliva
- Experience using system one is desirable
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: –
- Competitive Pay Rates – work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime on 03330 144 370
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don’t have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over 70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Register today for various flexible working options and long term placement opportunities.
For more information on the roles or details on how to join NHS Professionals, simply get in touch with Phoebe Toms, Recruitment Consultant on 01442915242 or Phoebe.Toms@nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.