Are you professional and highly motivated with a drive for delivering excellent dental care? Are you looking to move into an exciting and rewarding role? If the answer is yes, you would be well-suited to the Band 3 Civilian Dental Nurse role we have available at Brompton Barracks, Chatham.
The successful candidate will provide clinical and administrative support for the provision of dental care in Defence Primary Healthcare (DPHC) Dental Centres. The position is a full-time post of 37.5 hours per week, and due to need for full time clinical support it is not suitable for part time or job sharing.
The successful candidates’ main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring surgeries are prepared appropriately for the day’s patients in accordance with current regulations.
- Carrying out and recording daily maintenance, servicing and pre-use checks of dental equipment reporting defects in accordance with current equipment care policies.
- Ensuring a daily test radiograph is taken and processed with all findings reported in accordance with extant policies and signed off by a clinician or trained individual.
- Recording accurate dental charting for each patient as required by the dentist.
- Meeting the needs of the patients by monitoring, supporting and reassuring each individual according to their specific needs, providing appropriate advice when required. This may include recognising and interpreting behaviours, especially those associated with anxious patients and dealing with them accordingly.
- There may be an occasional requirement for the successful candidate to carry out out-of-hours emergency cover.
Successful candidates will be entitled to a Recruitment and Retention Allowance (RRA) of £1,500 per annum.
There is no requirement to deploy as this is met by our uniformed personnel, but you will form the continuity of care required by our patients when based at home.
The selection at sift stage will be based on your CV. At interview, you will be tested against the following Technical Skills:
- NHSC1 – Communication
- NHSC5 – Quality
- NHSC3 – Health, Safety & Security
- NHSC4 – Service Improvement
Please ensure you demonstrate that you have the required skills, qualifications and memberships in your CV and that you have saved it using your surname then first name prior to submitting your application. You will need to provide evidence of the following:
- National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN) Certificate or NVQ in Oral Health Care Dental Nursing Level 3.
- General Dental Council (GDC) registration and evidence of Continued Professional Development. Candidates who hold the qualifications but are not yet registered with the General Dental Council (GDC) are eligible to apply for this vacancy. However, if found successful it is a requirement that you are registered with the GDC prior to starting in the post.
- Immunity to Hepatitis B.
Candidates who hold the qualifications but are not yet registered with the General Dental Council (GDC) are eligible to apply for this vacancy. However, if found successful it is a requirement that you are registered with the GDC prior to starting in the post.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
All employees joining Ministry of Defence who are new to the Civil Service will be subject to a 6-month probation period (unless otherwise advised) effective from the employment start date.
From time to time The Ministry of Defence may advertise per regional Headquarters. To ensure your search yields the best results, search under MoD-Healthcare jobs from the home page or alternatively avoid completing the mileage section when using the search criteria based on your post code.
For details of which locations are in each region, please see attached Regional Layout document.
Please ensure you have read all the details in the important information link prior to applying.