This exciting opportunity will enable the successful applicant to work in the community within an integrated team in the Ashford and Canterbury Coastal area. You will work amongst a range of multidisciplinary professionals including Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Physiotherapy, Care Management, MHLD nurses and Psychology.
You will be part of a very proactive and supportive nursing service enabling and facilitating people with a learning disability to meet their health needs and access mainstream health services by working collaboratively with mainstream health colleagues in hospital and GP settings. You will be actively involved in promoting the individuals independence and understanding of their health needs, working to reduce health inequalities and implementing reasonable adjustments.
You will have the opportunity to further your skills and knowledge in many areas including end of life care, dementia, sexual health, behaviour, complex care, transition and desensitisation and attending CPD forums. We are an innovative nursing team and you may be involved in facilitating and delivering group work and clinics.
You will need:
- RNLD/RNMH Qualification. This post will be suitable for experienced Band 5 nurses or newly qualified Band 5 welcome and will be supported with preceptorship.
- Experience of working with people with Learning Disabilities
- Good organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- To be proactive, dynamic and committed to maintaining a flexible and effective nursing service
- Hold a full clean driving licence
- Good knowledge of people with learning disabilities and their associated health needs is essential
- RNMHs applying must show experience of working with people with a Learning Disability
You will be required to work with people with a learning disability and their support networks, in a variety of locations therefore being a car owner/driver is essential, subject to the provisions of the Equality Act (2010).
Interviews are scheduled for the 1st March 2021.
Please bring along to the interview an example of a piece of work you are very proud of.
Pre application enquires welcome.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Tracey Rose – Specialist Matron
Email: [email protected]