Band 5 Community Nurse St George
- Full Time
Come and work with us in the East of Bristol!
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated band 5 Registered Nurses who are committed to delivering excellent patient care to join our FOSS Integrated Network Team (INT), based in St. George (BS5).
We provide a nursing and therapy service to the local areas of St. George, Hanham, Fishponds,Mangotsfield and Staple Hill in the East locality of Bristol. We provide 7 days per week service between the hours of 8am and 8pm for planned nursing interventions and urgent responses.
.Our service operates 7 days a week, between the hours of 8am and 8pm for planned nursing interventions and urgent responses. Weekend working and late shifts (until 8pm) is sometimes required, however the majority of your working hours would be between 8am and 4.30 pm.
You will be visiting patients in their own home or residential setting, providing skilled nursing care, supported by senior nurses in the team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing community care to patients in their own homes and some clinics and care home settings.
- You will undertake nursing roles such as administration of some medication, pressure ulcer prevention and management, wound care, compression bandaging and catheterisation. Liaison with the multidisciplinary team is a key part of your role.
- The team works collaboratively with each other, across BNSSG, primary care, social care, the third sector and most importantly with patients and carers to provide the best possible care and treatment to ensure people can remain as independent as possible.
You will have the opportunity to work autonomously and collaboratively within the Integrated Network Team which comprises of Advanced Clinical Practitioners, Community Nurse Team Leaders, Senior Therapists, Community Nurses, Assistant Practitioners, Nurse Associates, Healthcare Assistants and Rehab Support Workers.
You will need excellent communication and clinical skills and have experience of working within a team; previous community experience is desirable but not essential. You will also need excellent time management skills and be able to prioritise your working day effectively. You will need to have access to a car with a full driving licence.
Team working is really important to us and we prioritise time to develop as a team so that everyone can reach their potential. We want you to feel well supported and listened to so we will take time to ensure you have a robust orientation to nursing in the community. We will provide you with regular supervision and access to ongoing clinical development.
What do we offer?
- NHS AfC21/22- (Salary& Terms and Conditions) and NHS Pension scheme
- Flexible Working -Our services are 8-8, 7 days per week, meaning we can provide you with work/life balance to fit around your needs
- 27-33 days annual leave
- Dedicated in-house Learning and Development Team We offer an extensive corporate and local induction programme to all new starters and our team is available to support you throughout your career
- Continuous Professional Development A wide variety of clinical and non-clinical training is available to all members of staff throughout their careers. Colleagues are supported to undertake both internal and external courses and qualifications. We partner with other organisations such as local NHS Trusts, University of the West of England (UWE) and the NHS Leadership Academy to help widen your opportunities even further
- Health and Wellbeing - You can access free telephone or face to face counselling 24 hours a day, all year round from our Employee Assistance Programme provider, Validium. An in-house Physiotherapy Team, a free service for all Sirona staff. Occupational Health checks, referrals made to help you feel supported within the workplace. Training sessions available to provide practical support for your mental health and wellbeing in and out of work
- Staff Recognition - Staff recognition is at the heart of Sirona care & health, we hold our annual Sirona Awards for Excellence ceremony to recognise staff for their outstanding achievements.
- Discounts and Benefits - Great Western Credit Union Scheme, Health Service Discounts, Tech Scheme, Blue Light Card, Refer a Friend Scheme, Eye Testing (for all DSE Users), Tax-free Cycle to Work scheme, Corporate Travel Club (save on the cost of travelling via First Bus)
We really welcome potential applicants coming to meet us informally before interview or clarifying any queries over the phone. For further information about this role, please contact; Martin Lambourne INT Manager on 07769 301825 or email [email protected]
This vacancy qualifies for the Sirona Employee Referral Scheme Tier 1...
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.