Band 6 Paediatric Occupational Therapist
- Full Time
Job Title and Grade:Band 6 Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Department Covered:Occupational Therapy
Placement Ref/ID: 35305
We have long term placement opportunities available for Band 6 Paediatric Occupational Therapist atBerkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, specifically providing the following:
- You will be supported to develop and enhance your specialist skills working with CYP with occupational therapy needs across our early years and school aged provision and be responsible for the planning and management of your own caseload and interventions working within our impact based model of support. You will also have line management and supervision responsibilities for junior staff members and opportunities to support student training. You will be expected to actively contribute to our integrated model of service delivery and the development of our integrated working.
- You will support children and young people who present with a range of difficulties impacting on their functional development.
Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust are rated ‘Outstanding’ in their most recent CQC report as well as being recognised as a Global Digital Exemplar.
The BHFT CYPIT service is an integrated Children’s Therapy service, shaped around the needs of the child and family. We are structured within integrated teams, based around a locality area of Berkshire, and work closely together where appropriate, to ensure we have the greatest therapeutic impact, working either directly or through other people.
Main Responsibilities :
- To function as a specialist autonomous clinician and provide specialist clinical care including assessment, diagnosis, care planning and treatment for a mixed community caseload and our Triage service.
- Contribute to the development of and take responsibility for supporting the CYPIT service as well as the development of the CYPF (Children and Young People and Families) service.
- To provide high quality assessment and interventions for children and young people with developmental / complex needs in area of specialist expertise, using evidence based/person-centered principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- To provide specialist therapy input into clinical services within a designated area/team, contributing to defined projects as requested.
- To ensure the use of our impact-based approach to clinical decision making within our service.
- To support and develop junior staff through direct line management responsibility, mentoring support, provision of training etc. in line with your current skills and abilities.
- To understand and support the SEND agenda working in close partnership with key stakeholders.
- The post holder will have a responsibility to contribute to CPD, clinical audit, research, and in-service training within the specialist area, and may be asked to initiate and lead on some areas of service development.
To apply for this role you need to have :
- Professional Qualification e.g., Professional knowledge acquired through degree/ diploma supplemented by post graduate diploma specialist training, experience, short courses plus further specialist Training.
- Able to demonstrate required clinical knowledge of up-to-date Occupational therapy interventions and service issues relevant to Children and Young Peoples service provision.
- An understanding of the diverse needs of children and young people.
- Minimum 2-2.5 years post qualification experience.
- Minimum of 1.5 years’ experience in working with children.
- Car Driver and willingness to work across Berkshire, as required.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits:
- Competitive Pay Rates- work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it 24/7 365 days Call us anytime on 03330 144 370
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don’t have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS over£70 millioneach year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Register today for various flexible working options and long-term placement opportunities.
For more information on the roles or details on how to join NHS Professionals, simply get in touch withWarris AliasRecruitment & Placement Consultanton 0144 290 2002 or [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.