We have a new exciting opportunity for a Band 6 Physiotherapist to take up a post within Defence Primary Healthcare (DPHC) at the HMS Excellent Medical Centre, Whale Island, Portsmouth.
The position is Part Time and offers 18.75 hours per week.
The successful candidate will assist the Principal Medical Officer (PMO) in the provision of primary health care by providing physiotherapy services to entitled personnel aboard Whale Island. You will give advice and feedback to medical staff where required and appropriate. You will also contribute to the continuous improvement of individual, team and organisational performance.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking a musculoskeletal assessment and treatment, formulating a clinical diagnosis and treatment plan as an autonomous practitioner.
- Taking a lead role in the provision and management of Musculoskeletal (MSK) Physiotherapy Service, assisting with the planning, co-ordination and the delivery of service. Identifying opportunities to improve and adapt the existing service, implementing policy and policy changes, setting and monitor standards of practice.
- Providing emergency treatment of entitled personnel in Whale Island as required.
- Keeping accurate and contemporaneous clinical notes, utilising the Primary Health Care Information System (i.e. DMICP – Defence Medical Information Capability Programme) and writing notes for inclusion within the medical record as appropriate.
- Undertaking evidence based projects, making recommendations for change to practice and participating in dissemination of research and clinical effectiveness.
- Supervising and teaching staff as necessary.
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for a full list of duties.
Please note the sift will be CV based and interviews for this post will be based on the NHS Framework below;
- NHS Core – NHSC1 – Communication
- NHS Core – NHSC2 – Personal & People Development
- NHS Core – NHSC4 – Service Improvement
- NHS Core – NHSC5 – Quality
- NHS Health & Wellbeing – NWB2 – Assessment & Care Planning
- NHS Health & Wellbeing – HWB7 – Interventions & Treatment
Please ensure you demonstrate that you have the required skills, qualifications and memberships in your CV and that you have saved it using your surname then first name prior to submitting your application.
The successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of the following:
- Degree in Physiotherapy plus additional specialist training or experience to post graduate diploma level or equivalent
- HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (MCSP)
It is desirable for the successful candidate to have relevant experience in the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders, sports injuries, and orthopaedic conditions.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
There is no requirement to deploy as this is met by our uniformed personnel, but you will form the continuity of care required by our patients when based at home.
All employees joining Ministry of Defence who are new to the Civil Service will be subject to a 6-month probation period (unless otherwise advised) effective from the employment start date.
Please be aware that if you are found successful you will be asked to provide evidence of your immunity to Hepatitis B.
Please ensure you have read all the details in the important information link prior to applying – These documents contain information regarding NHS pay scales.