Lakeside View is a purpose built mental health hospital for young women transitioning from adolescent to adult services. It is designed specifically for people between the ages of 18-25 years.
The hospital has 24 beds comprising of a 12 bedded unit, an 8 bedded unit and a 4 bedded unit and is versatile enough to manage complex needs in a safe and therapeutic environment, to support and promote independence.
Our Bank Nurse role involves:
- Being a clear leader for the Nursing team and managing shifts
- Providing high quality care with patients suffering from acquired brain injury
- Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice.
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
- Mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
- Promoting professional development within the team.
To be successful as Bank Nurse, you’ll need:
- A RMN qualification
- Experience in a supervisory role
- The ability to assess and teach junior staff
- A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage Health & Safety issues
- The drive to learn and develop
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
- A flexible, positive, team-orientated approach.