Bank Physiotherapist - Band 5
- Full Time
- Bury Saint Edmunds
Could you help West Suffolk Hospital to deliver the best quality and safest care to our local community?
Are you thinking of a change of job but unsure of the next move? Why not try community physiotherapy?
Locations are Sudbury, Haverhill, Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Brandon, Mildenhall.
Do you; -
- Have a passion for helping your patients reach their potential?
- Want to improve your knowledge and skills in assessment and treatment of a wide variety of people requiring rehabilitation in their own homes?
- Have HCPC
- Drive, and have access to a car?
The posts include
- Holistic assessment and treatment of people in their own homes, often on the day of discharge from hospital.
- Working with people with long term conditions, palliative conditions and rehabilitation needs, to improve quality of life and independence where possible.
- Working with all health care professionals, and our wider multidisciplinary integrated neighbourhood team to provide an integrated service to our people who use our services
- To be committed to providing a high standard of care and quality at all times.
You need to be a qualified and experienced Physiotherapist and will need to have good communication skills, initiative, and be flexible.
In return the role can give you :-
- A sense of pride and achievement
- The opportunity to get to know the people on your caseload
- Induction & mandatory training
- Support from senior therapists in the team, and access to support from specialist therapists in frailty and neurology.
If you have the necessary skills, experience and qualities to help us to put patients first, please contactKaren Line, Clinical Team Leadon 01440 766083 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit.
**In order to improve efficiency, all correspondence relating to this vacancy,including invitations to interview will be by email only, via NHS Jobs. Would you therefore please ensure you check your emails on a regular basis**
In submitting an application form, you authorise West Suffolk NHS FT to confirm any previous NHS service details via the Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process, should you be appointed to the post.
CAR PARKING- This postdoes notentitle you to apply to park on the Hospital site. The Trust offer parking off site at the Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club, which is serviced by a regular shuttle bus to and from the Hospital. Details of the bus timetable can be found in the on-line starter pack.
If required to work on a weekend, the restriction does not apply. Parking is allowed on site Saturday and Sunday provided a day ticket (£2.10) is clearly displayed.
For posts that include “on call” duties successful candidates will need to complete an application form for access through the barriers from the car park office.
The successful candidate for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure at Enhanced level.
For Band 1 and Band 2 posts, the cost of the DBS Disclosure will be met by the Trust. However, any employees at Band 1 and Band 2 who leave the Trust within six months of commencing their post will have a £10 administration fee deducted from their final salary. For posts at Band 3 and above, the cost of the Disclosure will be met by the appointed employee and deducted in instalments from their salary over a period of three months. If the employee leaves the Trust within three months of commencing their post, any outstanding payments will be deducted from their final pay.
All applicants should click on the link entitled “How will my application be processed?” prior to submitting their application form.
The closing date for this vacancy may change if we receive a strong response. Please ensure that you apply for any post you are interested in as soon as possible....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.