Job Title and Grade:Specialist Biomedical Scientist
Pay Rates: Day – £21.34 Night/Sat – £27.19 Sunday/BH – £33.46
Hours: flexible work, covering ‘Earlies’, ‘Lates’, ‘Days’, ‘Nights’ & ‘Weekend’, as well as Long-term Mon-Fri roles.
Are you a specialist Biomedical Science? Would you like to be part of a pathology service that focuses on its patients and delivers high quality and compliant service? Could you bring your experience to the NHS and make a real difference? If you answered ‘yes’ to the above, we would love to hear from you!
Our client operates across three Hospital laboratory sites located in Colchester, Ipswich, and West Suffolk Hospitals. Hosted by East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust, our client is the largest organisation in the Eastern region with brand new, exciting Molecular Laboratory with state-of-the-art equipment. We require Biomedical Scientis at Ipswich location only.
The service is clinically led and designed to achieve the benefits of scale that can be achieved by three hospitals working together, while remaining close enough to our customers to meet their needs and support the excellent clinical care provided by our hospitals.
Providing a wide range of flexible work, covering ‘Earlies’, ‘Lates’, ‘Days’, ‘Nights’ & ‘Weekend’, as well as Long-term Mon-Fri roles.
To apply for this post, you must have the following:
- HCPC Registration as a Biomedical Scientist
- Biomedical Science Degree, Evidence of CPD and additional appropriate specialist qualification.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
- Substantial practical experience of working in a Biomedical science laboratory.
- Experience of Pathology IT systems.
- Molecular and Microbiology experience required.
Our client is in the unique position of providing a dedicated Pathology Training Team with the aim of producing a highly skilled workforce through the provision of continued training and development for staff. You will be able to add to your current skillset and grow.
This unique role will provide support to front line healthcare professionals. You will be working in a brand new, exciting Molecular Laboratory with state-of-the-art equipment, meaning that you can bring your vital skills to the following disciplines:
- Processes specialist investigations in department.
- Provides specialist advice to clinicians as to appropriateness of tests and timescales
- Provides specialist service e.g. training, problem solving for specialist requirement
- Work independently and lead on specialist area as directed by Lead BMS
- Acts as mentor for more junior scientific and support staff
- To work flexibly in reflection of service needs this may include an extended working day and/or participation in delivery of a 24 hour, 7 days per week service
- Supervises and/or trains less experienced staff in own area of work
- The work of the service brings staff into constant contact with human body fluids, tissues and hazardous chemicals. This may include blood, pus, urine, faeces, and respiratory secretions
- Maintain and promote professional image of the pathology department.
- Where required, to lead and supervise a section of the laboratory.
Registering with NHS Professionals
We value your skills, dedication, and commitment in supporting your local Trust and the NHS. We believe together we can beat the pandemic and continue to deliver world-class healthcare service to our patients.
By registering, you can tackle unfilled shift pressures by supporting last-minute shifts, while receiving several attractive incentives:
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: –
- Competitive Pay Rates – work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of shifts at your Trust – Access to shifts before they are available to agency
- Flexible working to suit your lifestyle – Take control of when you want to work
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Book and manage your shifts on the go – Access shifts anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
Well … If a hospital cannot supply staff on a ward or area, due to increased demand, sickness, or common staff shortages, they need to call upon Bank staff. NHS Professionals works with trusts to develop ‘bank’ of highly skilled workers who want to work flexibly with the NHS.
Working through a staff bank helps a trust reduce their reliance on expensive agencies helping their spend go back into healthcare. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities all saving the NHS over £70 million per year which is reinvested back into each client trust.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Join today …
Register with us today for Bank membership and look forward to a choice of flexible work and long-term placements opportunities, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in some of the most prestigious NHS trusts in England.