Vita Health Group Limited is a growing and dynamic organisation. The business, historically, has concentrated on Musculo Skeletal and Mental Health services. We provide these services to the Corporate, Private Medical Insurance (PMI), NHS and B2C (private pay) markets.
A lot of success has been achieved. This has been driven by a relentless focus on quality, development of new customer centric propositions and investment in our staff base. It has tripled its employee base, customer reach and revenue in the last three years. Current employee base is over 800 and we expect this to top 1,000 over the next 12 months.
Part of the continued expansion and growth story is to enter new markets and so an exciting position has opened for a Chief Medical Officer. The role will be a pivotal member of the Executive team, it will help guide the business into new markets and maintain exceptional standards of care for our customers.
If you thrive working in a dynamic, growing and market leading environment with a team that is aiming to double the size of the business over the next 2/3 years then this could be the role for you.
The purpose of the CMO is to be responsible for the professional leadership of the Vita Health Group (VHG) Care workforce, advise the Board on key medical issues, and share corporate responsibility for Board decisions and their implementation. You will hold the role of Responsible Officer for revalidation purposes. ensuring that systems of clinical governance and appraisal secure high standards of patient care.
- Provide independent professional advice and guidance to the VHG Board on matters relating to healthcare and corporate strategy, quality and safety, and other relevant matters.
- Work with VHG staff to share best practice, engage in the delivery of policy and planned initiatives of VHG. This will involve, where necessary directing key stakeholders.
- Develop and lead: healthcare service strategy, policy and programmes. Quality and safety across VHG, including policy relating to quality standards, with overall responsibility for quality assurance and audits.
- Play a key role in healthcare workforce policy development and implementation, including regulation, education and training and performance.
- Provide professional leadership within VHG
- Act as Responsible Officer for all healthcare professionals delivering medical services for, or on behalf of Vita Health Group.
- Foster strong relationships with national and local organisations including the NHS, General Medical Council, Royal Medical Colleges, professional bodies, and professional staff associations.
- Publish a CMO annual report each year for the Board.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of strategic development, planning and delivery or support of clinical service improvement
- Previous experience in a medical management and leadership role in a healthcare organisation
- Demonstratable experience of leading job planning, appraisal and medical governance
- Experience working with patients, families, GPs and other stakeholders to improve clinical care
- Awareness of the NHS Constitution and what it means in practice
- Willingness to travel, which may include overnight stays on occasion, as and when required
An essential understanding of:
- NHS regulatory requirements of the NHS operating framework
- National and local political NHS environment
- Information Governance and Confidentiality
- The integration and transformation agenda of the local health economy
- Research and education agendas
- Understanding and commitment to equality and diversity and how this affects patients, visitors and staff
- Quality improvement agenda and be able to demonstrate how you have made a difference to patient care
- Previous experience of working in a Primary Care setting with either MSK or Mental Health teams / interventions.
- Evidence of working in a dynamic, rapidly expanding organisation.
- Be able to demonstrate practical application of formal training in leadership and management
- Have evidence of continued professional development in leadership at senior level
The role offers a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to:
- Enhanced annual leave
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Ability to work from home when required and where possible (min 5mb download speed required)
- Benenden health cover
- Competitive pension contribution
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Online benefits portal, including high street discounts and a wellbeing zone
- Continued Professional Development opportunities and comprehensive training provided
- Life Assurance insurance
- Access to internal Equality and Diversity Networks/Groups
- Length of service awards
How to Apply
Please submit a copy of your CV for review via the NHS jobs apply section
Any data which you share with us throughout the hiring process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
Vita Health Group is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident Committed Employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to supporting wellbeing for all employees and are associated with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to a DBS check.