Community Health Care Support (Carer)
- Full Time
Community Healthcare Support (Carer)
- …A frustrated carer paid per visit and with no guaranteed salary? We can offer guaranteed hours per week paid as a salary regardless of how many visits you make. This can be full time/part time hours including evening/weekend.
- …frustrated with the work you do and looking for something different that leaves you feeling rewarded, fulfilled and work that makes a difference to people’s lives
Here at Priory Medical Group we can offer you:
- Certainty and security in your employmentwithin one of the UK’s biggest Healthcare Provider.
- You tell us how many hours you would like to work to suit your lifestyle, we are all ears
- Fulfilling and rewarding work that really matters, you really make a difference!
- An environment where we all act with kindness and compassion towards colleagues at all times
- An opportunity to develop strong customer service and healthcare skills (with great support on hand from colleagues) in your career that will last a lifetime.
What is a Community Health Care Support (carer)?
- Attend patients homes and follow a care plan provided to you. This plan may include providing health or social care such as assisting with personal hygiene, providing meals, supporting family members and other health and wellness related activities. The successful candidate will support patients to live in their own home and/or community whilst supporting other team members and professionals.
What we look for in your application:
- It is not essential to have proven experience as a carer. We would be delighted to consider any transferrable skills from roles which demonstrate you are a great colleague to work with and you are able to manage your own time, workload and accurately follow a plan (instructions) given to you to follow.
Ability to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life
Ability to communicate effectively with patients from all walks of life
Ability to build positive rapport with a diverse range of internal colleagues and clients
Proven history of ensuring patient’s comfort, safety and dignity are maintained at all time
Ability to work autonomously whilst also having an awareness of the scope of your role, knowing when to access the wider team appropriately and safely
Proven background of assisting patient’s to meet their basic needs including diet, maintaining personal hygiene, assessing and using toilet facilities as appropriate
Ability to function well and work flexibly within a wider team
Proven ability to provide care and support as set out in the care assessment which will be written by a Registered Nurse
First class organisational and time management skills
Use of own car with driving license / use of own transport.
Proven Team Player with pride in how you interact with colleagues and contribute to a positive enjoyable working environment which demonstrates your ability to communicate with the team using various virtual platforms.
Professional pride in the quality of your work and relationship with customers / internal colleagues.
Proven ability to adapt and react positively to change we are constantly improving and evolving our ways of working.
Job title: Health Care Support (Carer)
Working hours: Up to 37.5 hours per week you tell us what you are looking for
Salary: Guaranteed paid salary up to £18,135.00 (pro-rata salary) + enhanced rate of pay for weekend hours + NHS pension + travel mileage paid at approved rates.
Location: Your base will be Tang hall lane surgery, although the nature of this role is you will be working in the community
Selection for Interview
The Practice recognises that discrimination of any kind is both unlawful and would act as a barrier to finding the most talented individuals for our organisation. As such, our recruitment and selection procedures exist to ensure no job applicant, employee or worker is discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
A great deal of careful consideration has been invested in preparing the advert for this post based on the specification for this role and the person we are looking for. Our selection for interview process is designed to ensure individuals are selected for interview on the merit of their application only.
If you are applying through NHS Jobs, you will notice you are asked if you would like a guaranteed interview as part of the ‘Two Tick’ disability scheme. Whilst this is an admirable government initiative, please be aware we are not signed up to this scheme. This is a question on the NHS jobs application form which is outside of our own control. Our own process ensures we consider candidates on the merit of their application only and we do not ask any questions regarding a disability as part of our selection process. We only give candidates the opportunity to share information regarding any disability after candidates are invited to interview and only if the candidate feels they require adjustments in the interview process....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.