Community Psychiatric Nurse
- Full Time
Are you looking for flexible work? We are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivedCommunity Psychiatric Nurses (Band 6)to join the NHSP Bank for South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation trust.
At South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, they provide the most comprehensive range of NHS mental health services in the UK. The Trust offers substance misuse services for people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol.
Our staff serve a local population of nearly two million people. We have more than 230 services, including inpatient wards, outpatient, and community services. We provide inpatient care for over 5,000 people each year, and we treat more than 45,000 patients in the community in Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham, and Croydon.
This is an excellent opportunity to come and work and gain experience in some of our different services at the Trust. We have various opportunities in different services such as supporting community teams delivering care to:
- People's own homes, including residential and nursing homes.
- Outpatient clinics
- Community hospitals
- GP surgeries
We are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivedCommunity Psychiatric Nurses(CPNs) with mental health experience to undertake the following:
- Carry out and coordinate comprehensive, systematic nursing assessments which take account of relevant.
- Mental, physical, social, cultural, psychological, spiritual, and environmental factors, in partnership with the service
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines, service user and their carers to agree on a holistic person-centred.
- A care plan that addresses the needs identified through assessment.
- To deliver and evaluate safe, person-centred care in partnership with the service user and their carers to
- support recovery.
- To act as a clinical leader supporting best practices in line with NICE guidance.
- To facilitate and review approved Quality Improvement initiatives within the care setting.
To apply for this post, you will have the following:
- Have a minimum of 6 months paid UK experience as a community mental health registered nurse within the last two years.
- Adhere to the NMC registration and revalidation requirements.
- Promote and adhere to SLaM’s strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Carry out specific duties relevant to the setting, e.g. nurse in charge, medicines clinic management, etc.
- Practise safely by being aware of and educating on the correct use, limitations and hazards of common interventions, including nursing activities and treatments.
In return for your hard work and your professional, caring and reliable service, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay Rates- work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of shifts at your Trust Access to shifts before they are available to agency.
- Flexible working to suit your lifestyle Take control of when you want to work.
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work. Book and manage your shifts on the go Access shifts anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone.
- Support when you need it 24/7 365 days Call us anytime.
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Please Note:All travel mileage is paid during required shift travel. Holiday pay accrued for every hour of work on top of basic income. No parking charge on main sites for members.
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), collaborates with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS and other health and care organisations.
Being England's largest NHS staff bank, every year, we help thousands of dedicated and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, more flexible shifts, and a healthier work-life balance.
Please send your CV to [email protected]...
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.