We currently have an exciting placement opportunity within the Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust which will allow the successful candidate to gain regular shifts and valuable experience within a unique environment. We are currently recruiting for a talented Community Psychiatric Nurse who shares the Trusts’ vision to be on the leading edge of healthcare for the benefit of their patients.
Locations covered: Nicholsons House, Maidenhead. Please note that you may be required to work at or from any additional location as may be determined by the Trust from time to time.
Band 6 – example rate:
- Day Rate – 20.35 per hour
- Night/Sat Rate – 26.16 per hour
- Sun/Bank Holiday Rate – 31.97 per hour
Hours and shifts:
- 18 hours per week
- Shifts to be agreed
The responsibilities of the post-holder are:
- To work effectively individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- To develop and maintain specialist knowledge of nursing practice, relevant to the clinical area
- To be responsible for the care of assigned patients and to manage, direct and evaluate their care
- To provide high standards of nursing care, reflecting the beliefs of professional nursing practice and patient care
- To undertake physical health monitoring
- To involve and encourage the patient’s family and friends to be actively involved in the caring process
- To communicate effectively to and with the patient, relatives, carers and colleagues
- To escalate as required, reporting any incidents/accidents and ensuring they are recorded using the appropriate method
- To complete and maintain accurate patient care records on the electronic patient management system
- To conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times
In order to apply for a post you must:
- Have previous experience working in a Mental Health care setting
- Have knowledge of Mental Health legislation
- Have good oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Be able to evidence continuing professional development and a desire to undertake further training
In return for your hard work and your professional, caring and reliable service you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive, weekly pay
- Access to the NHSP Stakeholder Pension
- Paid annual leave and statutory maternity pay
Registration with NHS Professionals is subject to employment history and reference checking and offers of registration are therefore conditional upon the receipt of satisfactory references.
This is a placement opportunity but an extension may be offered to the right candidate.
Haven’t found what you’re looking for? Email the team at [email protected] to ask about joining the bank of flexible workers so that you can find shifts to suit you!