22.5 hours per week – permanent.
We are delighted to offer this exciting opportunity for an experienced clinical or forensic psychologist to join the Plymouth Community Learning Disabilities Team. Our CQC rated ‘Outstanding’ CLDT comprises of a range of disciplines who work together in a collaborative multidisciplinary team. We provide specialist input to clients with a range of complex physical and mental health needs, and liaise with colleagues to ensure fair access to other statutory and non-statutory services. We are a developing service, which strives for excellence. We have received national recognition from NHS England for our work in repatriating people from long stay hospitals as part of the Winterbourne View Concordat, winning a Nursing Times Award in recognition of this work. We have also been awarded ‘Outstanding Clinical Teamwork’ as part of the NHS Pride of Plymouth Awards. Person-centred values are at the heart of all our work.
We are looking for a psychologist with a depth of experience within multidisciplinary teams who is ready to take on this senior role within our CLDT. The ideal candidate would have the necessary experience and expertise to take on the clinical responsibility and leadership for clients with a forensic profile, including demonstrable experience of assessing, formulating and managing high risk clients with learning disabilities. Candidates should also be passionate advocates for person centred values, and be experienced in offering clinical supervision to colleagues, with the ability to contain and hold anxiety in systems.
Psychology is an integral part of our multi-disciplinary team, and the post holder would be expected to develop close working relationships with colleagues from other disciplines, for example through joint working, consultation and supervision. Our team values curiosity, connection with others, and is continually striving to work together to improve our services. The post holder would also be accountable to a line manager within the CLDT.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop in a senior role within an outstanding community based service offering real job satisfaction.
Livewell Southwest provides a wide range of mandatory training for staff and the service supports its clinicians through in-house training and development opportunities as well as supporting identified learning needs through the appraisal process. The post holder will be expected to complete on-going competency based learning to evidence proficiency and high standards; for which internal support through line-management and other supervisory processes is provided.
Plymouth, and the surrounding coasts and National Parks, offer an accessible and varied range of social and leisure pursuits; this post is ideally suited to someone wishing to combine a challenging and satisfying job with a great quality of life.
Livewell Southwest values its staff and makes investment in their development a priority. Currently we offer the following development opportunities for staff:
- A minimum of three days protected CPD for registered staff
- Development pathways for unregistered staff from apprentice to bands 2, 3 and 4 and for registered staff in bands 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Leadership programmes
- Coaching and mentoring
- Medicines Management, leg Ulcer Management and Assessment Training
- Access and funding for training including Care Certificate, Assistant Practitioners Course and Scholarship Into Nurse Training
- Robust Preceptorship
- An induction programme tailored to your needs
- Relocation package may be considered for the right candidate for certain roles
Rewards and benefits
- Discounts available from retailers, UK hotels and main attractions – often up to 15% savings
- NHS Pension Scheme and competitive Pension Scheme with Scottish Widows and/or Government Pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Lease car scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation/conditions apply)
- Cycle to work scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation)
- Childcare vouchers
- School holiday childcare subsidies
- Multiple flexible working options
Livewell Southwest can allow existing members of the NHS Pension Scheme to continue their membership when they join the organisation.
All Livewell Southwest staff are expected to able and willing to work across a 7 day service.
Job share(s) considered.
WEF 01/10/2020 – for inpatient wardsat Tavistock and South Hams Hospitals as well as Kingfisher, Skylark, and Wembury. Please note that this post may be subject to Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations (TUPE) transfer on 1 February 2021, from Livewell Southwest CIC to University Hospitals NHS Trust.