We are looking for a registered Dietitian with NHS experience, who is keen to develop skills and experience across a wide range of clinical areas in both Inpatients and Outpatients. We are an Acute Service based at Queens Hospital Burton however we also cover the Community Hospitals in Lichfield and Tamworth. Our team consists of 13 Dietitians, Dietetic Assistant Practitioner and Secretary.
You will be responsible for providing part of the Dietetic Service to a range of Inpatient Wards. You will also cover a regular Outpatient Clinic and provide education to a range of healthcare staff within the Trust.
You will be provided with regular supervision and CPD opportunities during your contract. The department is committed to student training and is approved for A, B and C placements therefore you will be involved in student training.
The Dietetic Team use electronic patient records, works closely with several Multi-disciplinary Teams and has excellent management support.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS MAY NOT APPLY
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing Date: 27 January 2021
Interview Date: 10 February 2021
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises; this includes Covid-19 secure areas. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or you have been instructed to self-isolate by track and trace and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Laura Dudsbury – Team Leader
Tel: 01283 511511 ext 2570
Email: [email protected]
Suzanne Kirk – Team Leader
Tel: 01283 511511 ext 2537.