Do you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people? We are looking to appoint people who are as passionate about high quality care as we are.
NELFT provides award winning community and mental healthcare for over 2 million people. We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
We are committed to the delivering the best care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate our Trust values.
We are committed to continuous learning to improve patient outcomes so this means that we are also committed to the professional development of our workforce. We want to ensure you have the opportunity to grow and progress within NELFT, so take the first step on this journey by joining us now.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a District Nurse Team Leader to join one of our Integrated Teams in Barking and Dagenham.
The successful candidate will be expected to support their team, department and organisation to achieve the Trust’s Values in their day to day work. These are the 5P’s:
- Putting people first
- Prioritising quality
- Being progressive, innovative and continually improve
- Being professional and honest
- Promoting what is possible – independence, opportunity and choice
The successful candidate will be a Registered Nurse (RN12-NMC) with a Specialist Practitioner qualification, responsible for patients allocated to them and will assess, manage, plan and deliver care, including being professionally and legally accountable.
The successful candidate will support their peers and locality lead and be an effective team member whilst working on their own initiative. They will supervise pre-registration students. They will have a commitment to collaborative working actively supporting and liaising with other health and social professionals and agencies.
The successful candidate will lead in professional support, operational management and clinical leadership of the District Nursing Service for their locality, supporting the locality leads. The will have a commitment to developing nursing services within primary care.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
At NELFT we set very high standards to ensure we provide quality services. We require prospective employees to carry out an online literacy and numeracy test, equivalent to NVQ Level 2. For more information regarding our assessments, please visit our website. If you are shortlisted, invited for interview and successfully offered the post, you will be required to undertake an assessment for these skills during the pre-employment checks.
High Cost Area Supplement – London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (with a minimum of 3,722 to a maximum of 4,743).
As an employee of NELFT, you will receive the following benefits:
- Excellent working environments in a mix of state of the art and historic buildings
- Agile working with outstanding ICT support
- A long-standing and award-winning approach to Equality and Diversity with supportive networks for ethnic minority staff, staff with disabilities and LGBT staff
- Staff Benefits including NHS Pension, childcare vouchers, a salary sacrifice car scheme, the MyTrustBenefits discount scheme, cycle scheme and Annual Leave Sale / Purchase scheme, trade union membership and a range of ambassadorial roles
- A focus on staff health and wellbeing featuring subsidised gym membership, access to Mindfulness, walking groups and other wellbeing support.
Equal opportunities employer
- We are committed to equal opportunities and diversity, are Disability Confident and therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community, people of all protected characteristics.
- We have signed the skills pledge and are an accredited Improving Working Lives organisation. We are committed to staff development and offer opportunities which include a wide range of training options and an active Quality Improvement Programme
Correspondence with us
You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post. In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, NELFT reserves the right to close the vacancy early. If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date then please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name: Esther Harry Additional Contact Information
Porters Avenue Health Centre
Dagenham RM8 2EQ
03003001761 ext. 56473