This exciting new development within Nottingham City welcomes enthusiastic applicants to be part of a brand new team. As part of a team, you will be responsible for shaping a brand new service that will support individuals with complex mental health needs.
As a Dual Diagnosis Lead, you’ll make a real difference to the lives of the people you will be supporting, as you introduce the recovery focused, flexible support they need to improve the quality of their lives.
We aim to assist people we support to improve their lives and ability to live independently. Your role within this supported living service will be to work with individuals whom may have dual diagnoses, legal restrictions, a history of drug and/or alcohol use and complex needs.
You will working with individuals and their care teams to support individuals through their recovery pathway, promoting independence and positive risk taking.
Turning Point has several well-established services within Nottingham. You will form part of a wider supportive management team within the region and there is the opportunity for growth in the future.
The typical working hours for this role will be 37 hours and will involve some weekend and unsociable working.
- To build and develop relationships with Drug and Alcohol Recovery services within Nottinghamshire, enhancing care pathways for those with a dual diagnosis.
- Work collaboratively to assist individuals with a dual diagnosis to maintain effective engagement with Mental Health services.
- Work with the team to ensure a holistic approach is taken when supporting individuals.
- To be part of initial and ongoing assessments, to understand needs and formulate support relating to individuals’ substance misuse needs.
- Coordinate staff training and development in relation to dual diagnosis to ensure that the team have the right skills and competencies.
- Offering support and guidance to other members of the Turning Point team and promoting an awareness of dual diagnosis working and best practice.
Full responsibilities can be found in the corresponding job description for this position.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for an experienced Dual Diagnosis Worker who is passionate about supporting individuals to progress on that recovery pathway. Although a health or social care qualification would be an advantage, you don’t need any formal qualifications as full training will be given. Experience in a similar role would also be a big advantage. What is essential is that you have a positive attitude, a willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ and an awareness of the issues experienced by the people you will be supporting, and can bring transparency and flexibility to work In return, you’ll be supported with outstanding training and career development opportunities.
In a role where no two days are the same your ability to work individually and as part of team to prioritise your workload, as well as having excellent communication skills, a flexible approach and a positive attitude in a changeable environment will be key.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don’t just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it’s not about the money. But that doesn’t mean we don’t reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Learning and Development opportunities – we are Investors in People Silver accredited
- 28 days holiday, increasing with each year of service until 30 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible benefit options including, bike to work schemes and season ticket loans
- Competitive Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and access to online Health and Wellbeing support
- Flexible working patterns to support work/life balance
- Access to a wide range of discounts including Cinema, Groceries and Gym.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.