Embedded Failsafe Officer
- Full Time
This is a full-time position of 37.5 hours per week paying 19,000 based in Manaton Court, Exeter,Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital & home.
Who are InHealth Intelligence? InHealth Intelligence has been and continues to be a proud supporter of the Diabetic Eye Screening Programmes across NHS England and since 2011, InHealth Intelligence has grown to offer fully managed services across the country. To increase efficiency, we also built our own software system which enables us to adapt and change to meet the requirements our employees to achieve a better user experience.
What will you Administrate?
You will be joining our Failsafe Team in the Devon Diabetic Eye Screening Programme. Your primary role will be to ensure patients referred by the Devon DESP to the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital Ophthalmology unit are processed and seen in the appropriate timeframe, ensure feedback is received and processed correctly.
The Failsafe role is to ensure that if something goes wrong in the patient’s pathway, administrative processes are in place and actioned to identify and correct any errors.
- Monitor all patients referred to the Hospital Eye Service Department in line with guidance and policy
- Ensure the booking of appointments in the Hospital for the patient based on their referral type are in line with national set timelines
- Ensure patients discharged from the Hospital are placed back into the Programme within the correct pathway
- Assist in liaising with Maternity Units within the Hospital to ensure that all Diabetic patients who are pregnant are referred to the Diabetic Eye Screening Programme
- Audit the status of patients to ensure all patients under the Hospital Eye Service are seen at least annually
- Review and respond to patient, GP, and other health care professional queries & data capture
- Review the patients who are treated for Diabetic Retinopathy within the Hospital are known to the DESP register
- Prepare a care summary for any patient who has been issued with a Certificate of Visual Impairment due to Diabetic Retinopathy
- On occasion, assist the Failsafe Team with the post, phone calls and register checks.
What you will need to succeed in this role
- A team player who is supportive, reliable and trustworthy
- Someone who is approachable, dedicated and hardworking
- A people person someone who enjoys working alongside and helping others
- Be able and willing to communicate with people at all levels
- Someone who thrives on and remains calm and focused in challenging situations
- A high level of attention to detail and who works well within set procedures
- Great organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Able to work with and respect private and confidential information
- Computer literate, able to use Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel and learn an in-house information system
InHealth is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community...
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.