- Full Time
Placement ID :- 45748
Job Title : Finance Manager Band 8b
pay rate is £27.22per hour
Location/Hospital : Colchester General Hospital. Mainly home working but may require attendance across both hospital sites
Hours per week 37.5 hours per week
Working Pattern :- 9-5 but with some flexibility
End Date of placement :- 3 Months
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients own homes. You will be joining a team of 10,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Our philosophy is that time matters to everyone. Too often, our current systems and ways of working add unnecessary stress and frustration. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
We are pleased to offer a range of flexible working opportunities
Come Join our Team!
Roles and responsibilities
- Operate as accountable budget holder for the service budget and be accountable for all pay and non-pay expenditure
- Ensure that budgets are managed in accordance with the Trust’s Standing Financial Instructions, working collaboratively with the Finance lead, taking action where necessary to prevent or address variance in performance, and to incorporate recommendations of internal and external audit
- Ensure the corporate service meets the required performance standards.
- Share and communicate performance indicators and level of performance throughout the department, taking action where required to address variance from the standard/milestone
- Ensure that unplanned variation in service delivery (activity, income, expenditure, capacity, performance) is identified and appropriate, timely action taken
- Work collaboratively with the relevant Head of Corporate Services to lead Clinical Specialty in the development of cost improvement plans and their implementation as part of financial recovery processes
- Develop capital and/or revenue business cases for submission to the relevant Head of Corporate Services for the Programme Investment Group
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that effective governance arrangements and performance management systems are in place
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that all risks are identified and included as appropriate on the organisational risk register and are progressed appropriately to reduce the risk profile
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to address complaints and incidents appropriately lead the learning from such events to ensure that learning is achieved across the department.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits:
oCompetitive Pay Rates- work this week, get paid next week!
oFirst choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
oFlexible working options
· Free DBS and free training
· Build holiday allowance
oSupport when you need it 24/7 365 days
o Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don’t have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 126,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Register today for various flexible working options and long-term placement opportunities.
We look forward to hearing from you soon....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.