- Full Time
- Milton Keynes
Job title: Healthcare Assistant - Bank Work
Location: Milton Keynes
InHealth sees more than 3 million patients each year and diagnostic imaging is one of the busiest services that we provide. Our fully integrated imaging services offer increased capacity for NHS trusts and convenient, fast access to services for patients.
We are currently recruiting for a Healthcare Assistant to join our Radiology department in Milton Keynes as Bank Staff. This role is working 9 hour days, being a mixture of both weekdays and weekends but the main demand is for weekends.
What is the overall purpose of the job?
As a Healthcare Assistant you will ensure the smooth running of the working day by welcoming and preparing patients for their procedures. You will also complete some administrative tasks within the department and provide clinical and clerical support to the practitioners, enabling the team to deliver effective and efficient patient care whilst maintaining a safe clinical environment.
What are the key responsibilities of the role?
- Welcoming patients and their carers or relatives to the clinic in a professional manner
- Completing the patient’s pre-scan data protection form/consent form (where applicable)
- Preparing patients for their procedure and escorting them to the clinical area as required
- Assessing and monitoring the patient’s condition post procedure, ensuring any changes and concerns are reported to the relevant staff
- Accurately entering patient data into the patient management system
- Acting as a patient advocate at all times; ensuring the privacy and dignity of all
- Answering the telephone, taking and passing on messages to the appropriate member of staff
- Adhering to all statutory requirements for health and safety, COSHH, PPE, Fire safety, complaints and accident reporting, magnetic field and radiation safety
What skills and experience will you need to apply?
- A background in a patient focused or healthcare environment
- A passion for delivering the highest level of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a capability to present information in a logical manner
- Strong administration skills with an ability to pick up new systems quickly
What can we offer you?
We offer a fantastic benefits package, which is available through a mobile-enabled rewards platform, called InJoy. This is your place to access thousands of offers and discounts on a wide range of products and services relating to: travel, eating out, technology, fashion, leisure and more!
In addition to this, we also offer:
- Private medical insurance
- 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Access to a 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Life assurance
- and more!
Making sure our people are happy at work is one of our main priorities, which means giving them as many opportunities as we can to support their personal and professional growth. We also have an innovative approach to personal and professional development, helping you to be the best version of you and giving you a real career pathway....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.