Healthcare Assistant – Outpatients
HCA | OPD | Band 2 plus excellent benefits | Impington, Cambridge | Full Time, Permanent.
Due to a period of growth, Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Healthcare Assistant to join our Outpatients Department on a Full-Time and permanent basis.
Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join our Outpatients team. This is a Full-Time and permanent opportunity; with shift patterns covering 24 hours a day/ 7 days per week; including night shifts, early and late shifts plus weekends on a fair rota basis.
Our Outpatient Teams are the focal point for patients coming into the Hospital to utilise our wide range of treatments and surgical procedures we offer. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a role that requires genuine autonomy and the chance to work as part of a continually changing environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- In this fast-paced role, you will be required to assist our Clinical team in providing exemplary Care within the Outpatients department, whilst providing Healthcare Assistance to our Nursing team.
- As a HCA, duties will include routine tasks related to the delivery of care to ensure our patient’s health and well-being.
- You will move and set up diagnostic equipment (after training) and other resources, as well as applying technology for measurement, monitoring and treatment.
- You must have experience or a willingness to learn both Venepuncture and ECG Recording.
Who we’re looking for:
As an experienced HCA, you will be fundamental in providing Healthcare Support to our Clinical Team to ensure patients receive the best possible personal care.
- Venepuncture and ECG recording are desirable for this role
- System literacy is essential; MS Office and SAP is desirable, however, not essential for the right candidate
- Previous experience within a Similar role
- Must be accurate and have a strong desire for attention to detail.
- NVQ Level 2 or above in Health and Social Care or equivalent
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform – discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of 50 per month with our free onsite car park
Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For us, it’s more than just treating patients; it’s about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications