Healthcare Support Worker - Band 2
- Full Time
Healthcare Support Worker (Band 2), NHS, Bristol, to £17,374 - £19,918 per annum + excellent NHS benefits
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Do you want to work with people and really make a difference?
Could this be the role you've been looking for?
Healthcare support workers are required to support one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. Based at Southmead Hospital with a basic salary between £17,374-£19,918 per annum + excellent NHS benefits.
As a Healthcare support worker, you will be working alongside other practitioners on the front-lines to provide direct care for our patients. We currently have vacancies within our Medicine, NMSK (Neurological & Musculoskeletal and ASCR (Anaesthesia, Surgery, Critical Care and Renal) divisions.
North Bristol NHS Trust is committed to offering excellent career development through our tailored education pathways. If you are interested in a career as a healthcare support worker, we can offer you a training contract dependent on your educational requirements, which will be assessed during your induction with the Trust. Our education pathway is an apprenticeship which will typically range from 12-18 months duration, depending on your working pattern and level of study.
The apprenticeship will consist of 4 elements:
- Initial Assessment
- Functional Skills (maths and English) if required
- Job specific training (both in the workplace and in the classroom)
- End Point Assessment
At the end of this education pathway, you will achieve a level 2 Apprenticeship in Healthcare Support Worker. The apprenticeship starting salary is £17,374 and the starting salary for the fully qualified post is £18,005 - £19,918. Apprentices will progress to the fully qualified salary upon completion of their education pathway. If you hold the relevant qualification for this post, you will move straight to a fully qualified post salary.
Apply now and Earn as you Learn
We are one of the UK's largest NHS Trusts (£775m turnover and 12000 staff) and we are committed to developing our staff, ensuring they become successful, competent and confident members of the organisation.
THE ROLE: As a Healthcare Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering clinical and therapeutic care to patients as required within set protocols/policies
- Assisting with patient assessment within level of competence, immediately reporting any changes in the patients’ physical and mental condition to the Registered Practitioner/Assistant Practitioner
- Communicating effectively, sensitively and compassionately with colleagues, patients and visitors
- Acting at all times in a manner, which illustrates respect for privacy, dignity and confidentiality
YOU: The successful Healthcare Support Worker will:
- Have a passion for working in the healthcare sector
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for learning, professional development and safe patient care
- Be flexible and driven by the exciting challenges that lie ahead
We are ordinary people, doing extraordinary things..
We are changing lives..
We are the NHS.
KEY WORDS: Healthcare Assistant, HCA, Healthcare Assistants (Please note, the job title for this role is Healthcare Support Worker)
For further details / informal visits contact:
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.