Hospice Care Assistant (HCA)
- Full Time
Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People is the only hospice in the East Midlands dedicated to providing a truly special environment for children and young people with life threating and life limiting conditions. It is a unique place where they are cared for and can play, laugh and love life.
As a Hospice Care Assistant, you’ll be working under the direction of the Head of Nursing, participating in the provision of family centred care for children, young people and younger adults (aged 0-25 years) who have a range of complex needs.
This will involve shift duties which cover the 24-hour period, 7 days per week.
The post holder will carry out a wide range of duties including personal care, as part of the team. As a Hospice Care Assistant you will deal with a variety of people and contribute to the overall performance of the team by being a proactive, enthusiastic team member.
As a Hospice Care Assistant, you will carry out a wide range of duties from personal care and feeding through to supporting activities in our therapy centre, hydro-pool and arts and crafts room. Within the role, you will deal with a variety of people and contribute to the overall performance of the team by being a proactive, enthusiastic team member.
Additional key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing high standards of clinical and personal care to all children, young people and younger adults
- Implementing, in conjunction with parents/carers and nurses, a plan of care to meet the identified needs of the children, young people and younger adults
- Involving children, young people, younger adults and their families whenever possible in care planning and delivery
- Reporting to the nurse in charge any concerns surrounding the care, condition or behaviour of the child/family
- Maintaining accurate records including clinical observations according to policy
- Acting as a professional resource for other members of the multi-disciplinary team, parents and children, young people and younger adults
Benefits of working at Rainbows:
Alongside a lovely place to work, we offer a range of benefits including:
- NHS pension
- Car parking
- Shift enhancements
- Subsidised freshly cooked meals while on shift
- Access to facilities such as pool and complimentary therapy
- Career progression (where applicable)
As a Hospice Care Assistant at Rainbows, you'll need an NVQ Level 2/3 in care or equivalent experience, plus have a willingness to undertake further study and be prepared to update skills regularly, while developing new skills in accordance with evidence-based practice.
Experience working with children or young adults either working in Special Educational Needs schools, children’s nurseries, hospitals, community care or care homes for all ages. For further requirements for the role, please download the Person Specification.
For more information about this role, please contact Anne-Marie Rosak (Head of Nursing and Clinical Operations) on 01509 638000....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.