Lead Specialist Dietitian
- Full Time
- Newcastle upon Tyne
We are excited to be recruiting to a Band 7 Lead Dietitian to work in the specialist area of liver disease. This is an opportunity to develop the existing liver service and work within a well- established MDT.
Previous experience of working in hepatology is essential. As one of the countries leading transplant centres, you will be responsible for delivering dietetic care to patients undergoing liver transplant assessment, hepatology inpatients and supporting the wider dietetic team. You will have a responsibility to provide training and support to junior staff. You will also be involved with policy development and formulating practice guidelines, so you will need to be able to think strategically and have a good knowledge of best practice in this area.
The post holder will be responsible for organising and developing the dietetic service within the specialist areas. You will be required to:
- Supervise staff on a day-to-day basis
- Act as a source of expertise
- Deliver education and training to staff and patients
- Contribute to research and audit
- Deliver a high quality dietetic service
- Work effectively as part of the MDT
You should be enthusiastic with a high level of knowledge and experience. You will:
- Have undertaken specialist training and have experience of working in this area
- Be able to demonstrate ongoing CPD and have evidence of developing practice within hepatology
- Have undertaken audit/research.
- Be able to support colleagues and take responsibility for the clinical supervision of junior staff and students.
- Have excellent communication skills
As part of the wider dietetic department, ‘Newcastle Nutrition’, you will have support from colleagues at the Freeman Hospital, Royal Victoria Infirmary and Regent Point. Our Dietetic teams are enthusiastic, committed and have established a first class reputation.
Part Time 18 Hours 45 Minutes/Week...
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.