There are currently some unique and exciting vacancies within the Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust which will allow the successful candidates to gain regular shifts and valuable experience. This is a fantastic opportunity for any talentedMental HealthPractitioners who share the Trusts’ vision to be on the leading edge of healthcare for the benefit of their patients.
The post-holders will be providing support to the CAMHS team, based at Willow House within Wokingham Community Hospital. Willow House provides specialist assessment and treatment planning for young people with severe mental illness and disruption to their social and emotional development.
Locations covered: Willow House, Wokingham Community Hospital
Length of placement: minimum 3 months, subject to review
Shift pattern: to be agreed; working days are from Monday – Sunday; day shifts are from 8am – 8.30pm; night shifts are from 8pm – 8.30am
Band 5 – Example Rate
- Day Rate – £16.44 per hour
- Night/Sat Rate – £21.14 per hour
- Sun/Bank Holiday Rate – £25.83 per hour
The responsibilities of the post-holder are:
- To work effectively individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- To develop and maintain specialist knowledge of child protection issues and the Mental Health Act, as they would relate to young people referred to this service
- To have knowledge of the capacity act and Gillick Competency principles in relation to consent
- To be responsible for the care of assigned patients and to manage, direct and evaluate their care in an effective manner
- To be able to communicate effectively with other professionals about issues relating to patients’ care.
- To communicate complex information to young people and families
- To escalate as required, reporting any incidents/accidents and ensuring they are recorded using the appropriate method
In order to apply for a post you must:
- Be a registered Mental Health Nurse or have and equivalent qualification
- Have experience of working within a mental health setting
- Possess the ability to take responsibility for inpatient activity and day care through managing and co-ordinating
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team and in a high-pressure environment
- Be able to evidence continuing professional development and a desire to undertake further training
In return for your hard work and your professional, caring and reliable service you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive, weekly pay
- Access to the NHSP Stakeholder Pension
- Paid annual leave and statutory maternity pay
- Training and development opportunities
Registration with NHS Professionals is subject to employment history and reference checking and offers of registration are therefore conditional upon the receipt of satisfactory references.
For further information about this role, please contact [email protected], quoting job reference ‘J11-A-20-24700’.