Newly Qualified Physiotherapist
Job Title and Grade: Newly Qualified Physiotherapist - Band 5
Pay Rates: Days: £16.13 Saturdays/Nights: £20.97 Sunday/Bank Hols: £25.80
Trust: Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
Location: Trust Wide
Are you a Newly Qualified Physiotherapist? Would you like a role with stability? Would you like the opportunity to work at various sites across the county? Do you want positively impact patients lives?
Newly Qualified Physiotherapist - Band 5
Key Skills/Responsibilities: (Included but not limited to):
- Be responsible for a designated area of work as agreed with the Ward Manager. To plan and organise efficiently and effectively the management of patients and use of time.
- Be responsible for organising and planning own case load to meet service of patients priorities.
- Use communication tools (verbal and non-verbal) to gain informed consent from patients including where there are barriers to effective communication
- Assess capacity and have the ability to work within a legal framework with patients who lack the capacity to consent to treatment.
- Be responsible for ensuring the effective selection and best use of treatment resources available.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of clinical governance and risk management and apply to work situation.
- Accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients, to organise / triage this efficiently and effectively with regard to clinical priorities and use of time.
- Adhere to departmental policy including competence to use equipment and to ensure the safe use of equipment by self and others through teaching, training and supervision of practice.
- Maintain accurate comprehensive and up to date documentation in line with legal, professional, departmental and Trust requirements. To communicate assessment and treatment outcomes to the appropriate discipline in the form of reports and letters.
- Be actively involved in the collection of appropriate data and statistics for the use of the department and Trust.
- Be aware of Health and Safety aspects of own work and comply with any policies which may be required to improve the safety of the work area, including the prompt recording or reporting of incidents or accidents.
- Comply with organisational and departmental policies and procedures and be involved in their reviewing and updating.
- Participate in the on call rota when necessary.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
In order to apply for a post, youmusthave a Minimum of 6 months UK (Private or NHS) Physiotherapy placement experience within the last 2 years and have a Valid HCPC Pin.
Benefits of working Bank
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits:
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Support when you need it - 24/7 365 day Service Centre on 03332 407 552
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts do not have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
For more information on the roles or details on how to join NHS Professionals, simply get in touch with Helenna Butler, Flexible Worker Advisor on 01905 681781 or email [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not currently a condition of employment, we do encourage our bank members who are not clinically exempt from vaccination to get vaccinated.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.