Nurse Team Leader
- Full Time
Job Title and Grade: Nurse Team Leader
Location/Trust:South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation trust
Wards Covered:Multiple sites
Competitive Pay Rates:-Days: £25.1p/h -Saturdays/Nights: 31.37 -Sunday/Bank Hols: 37.64 + Holiday pay for every hour accrued + paid mileage
Contract Period: 3-6 Months with a possibility of being extended
Working in partnership with South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust NHS Professionals provides a service that combines intimate understanding of the Trust’s temporary and flexible workforce requirements with the reliability, quality and value for money that only a managed service can offer.
NHS Professionals (NHSP) is the leading provider of managed flexible worker services to the NHS. More than 100,000 general and specialist nurses, doctors, midwives, administrative and other healthcare professionals have registered to work flexibly through the bank.
Looking for flexible work? We are looking for enthusiastic and highly motived Band 7 Nurse Team Managersto join the NHSP Bank, for South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation trust.
This is an excellent opportunity to come and work and gain experience in some of our different services at the Trust. We have various opportunities in different services such as supporting community teams delivering care to:
- People's own homes, including residential and nursing homes
- Outpatient clinics
- Community hospitals
- GP surgeries
In return for your hard work and your professional, caring and reliable service you will have access to the following benefits
- Competitive weekly pay work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of available shifts bank members get priority over agencies
- Paid annual leave build on your holiday allowance every shift you work
- Statutory maternity/paternity pay(subject to qualifying criteria)
- Free training and development opportunities including Continuous Professional Development
- Access to NHSP Stakeholder Pension Plan
- A local team to provide help, support and advice whenever you need it
- 24/7 telephone access to a Service Centre
- To provide effective assessment and case management to people with complex non-psychotic disorders, using evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions
- To act as care co-ordinator under the CPA process if indicated
- To provide leadership for students and/or junior staff, through supervision and appraisal
- To participate in the planning, development and evaluation of the service
- To supervise students on practice placements
- To carry out MDT activities e.g. duty responsibilities
To apply for this post, the you will have the following:
- Have a minimum of 6 months paid UK experience as a community mental health registered nurse within the last 2 years.
- Comply with NMC Professional Registration and keep up to date with current nursing practices.
- Knowledge and demonstration of the use of evidence-based care.
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to maintain a high standard of record keeping
- Be able to work as an independent practitioner
- Undertake nursing assessment and evaluation to enable development of appropriate plans of care based on the needs of the individual
- Be proficient in the delivery of care to patients
- Ensure safe administration of drugs in accordance with NMC and CHS policies
- Ensure accurate records are kept in accordance with CHS policy and NMC guidelines
- Carry out nursing procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and standards
- Undertake regular mandatory training
If you would like to join the NHS Professionals bank please apply today.
For additional information on the role or details on how to join NHS Professionals simply contact Maria Pelaez, Trust Recruitment Co Ordinator. [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
By registering today, you can help our NHS provide a ‘rapid response’ to support essential patient care. If you are currently registered with the GMC, NMC, HCPC or you are a final year student nurse and have been working in a relevant healthcare setting, you can begin working in the NHS, rapidly.
Please note that you will be contacted via email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.