Occupational Therapist - Older Persons Mental Health
- Full Time
Job Specific Location/Base: The Limes, St James Hospital
Our Adult Mental Health Services are looking to recruit an Occupational Therapist to continue providing the highest standards of clinical care to our patients.
Solent’s Mental Health Services cover a variety of different services including inpatient facilities for both adults and older persons, community services including rehab, crisis and health and wellbeing, IAPT Talking Change and learning disabilities. We are looking for people that work to the organisational Values of Honesty, Everyone Counts, Accountability, Respect and Teamwork (HEART), show in your behaviour that you value people and the care you give to them.
- Critically analyse complex patient situations and clinical data to inform decision making, to offer best physical and emotional support to the patient and their families/carers.
- Provide OT Assessment and discharge planning including access visits as appropriate.
- Working in partnership with patients, carers and service users; provide specialist, evidence based Occupational Therapy interventions to a caseload of clients to ensure good clinical outcomes. The post holder will be required to work with the client to assess their needs using specialist tools and identify goals for the Occupational Therapy intervention, to evaluate the outcome and maintain patient records (paper and electronic). This will require the use of advanced clinical reasoning skills, investigative and analytical skills as an autonomous practitioner.
- To facilitate the delivery of therapeutic interventions with patients that have unpredictable physical limitations and difficulties with understanding, due to physical, psychological, cognitive, or social problems
- Work autonomously and be able to organise a large and varied work programme
- Able to lead or participate in teaching to a variety of audiences
- Degree or diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Current Health Care Professional Council registration as an Occupational Therapist
- Member of Royal College of Occupational Therapy and a member of an appropriate Special Interest Group
For more information on the post, please contact Teresa Henry on either 0300 123 6620 or [email protected]
We will contact you via NHS Jobs if you are shortlisted for interview.Candidates selected for interview will be contacted before the given interview date; therefore you should check your emails regularly including junk mail folders....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.