We have an exciting opportunity for an Anaesthetic Theatre Practitioner (E Grade) to join our Theatres team, based at The London Clinic main hospital in Central London, W1G 6BW (close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, and we have 8 premises located in the heart of London’s medical community. We are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Specialist areas include, General surgery; ENT; Gynaecology; Hepatobiliary; Neuro-spinal; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastic and reconstructive; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery).
As part of the multidisciplinary team the post holder is responsible for the assessment, evaluation and implementation of care given to patients in theatre and the anaesthetic room without supervision.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent role working 37.5 hours per week. Shifts include Earlies & lates including weekends plus on call rota. Shifts are 7:30am – 3:30pm & 2pm – 10pm.
- Salary: The attractive salary for this role is £35,020 – £40,890 (Inclusive) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 day’s annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as a skilled member of the anaesthetic team, providing the highest standard of patient care, whilst providing assistance and support to the anaesthetic Physician.
- Carry out nursing/ODP duties within an anaesthetic area according to policies and procedures,contributing to quality improvement, and promotingbest evidence based practice.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained and stock managed to ensure economical use of all resources.
- Liaise and communicate with HSDU, recovery, theatre staff and floor nurses to facilitate a good and smooth patient care.
- Ensure a welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for our patients, customers and visitors.
- NMC or HCPC registration (RGN or ODP).
- Recognised anaesthetic course.
- Proven experience in an operating theatre environment with relevant experience in anaesthetics.
- An excellent understanding of the perioperative needs of patients and customers.
- Good communication skills with the ability to work under pressure and flexibly as part of a team.
- Highly motivated individual who is Punctual, adaptable and continually maintains a professional image.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply – we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.