We have an exciting opportunity for a Recovery Theatre Practitioner to join our Theatres department based at The London Clinic main hospital in Central London, W1G 6BW (close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres,including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. We have a total of 11 Recovery bays & 5 Discharge rooms. Specialist areas include, General surgery; ENT; Gynaecology; Hepatobiliary; Neuro-spinal; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastic and reconstructive; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery).
As part of the multidisciplinary team the post holder is responsible for the assessment, evaluation and implementation of care given to patients within the recovery room without supervision.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Shifts: Early & late shifts, plus on-call roata on weekends
- Salary: The salary range for this role is £35,020 – £40,890, and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 day’s annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as a skilled member of the recovery team,providing the highest standard of patient care.
- Carry out nursing duties within the recovery area according to policies and procedures under the control of the person in charge, reporting any difficulties or concerns.
- Communicate effectively and responsibly at all times with colleagues, senior staff and within the multi-disciplinary setting.
- Develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care, following PREP/CPD requirements.
- Participate in the monitoring and maintenance of standards, and maintain custody and checking of controlled drugs daily.
- Maintain accurate and legible written and electronic records of care, ensuring that the safety, privacy and dignity of the patient is maintained at all times.
Skills & Experience
- NMC or HCPC registration (RGN or ODP).
- Proven experience in recovery and/or intensive care setting.
- Understanding of the post-operative needs of patients and customers.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure and flexibly as part of a team.
- Highly motivated individual who is Punctual, adaptable and continually maintains a professional image.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued,and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering, which summarise our belief in integrity, compassion and high quality service.