Paediatric Staff Nurse
- Full Time
Job Title and Grade: Band 5 Paediatric Staff Nurse
Location/Trust: Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
Wards Covered: Multiple sites
Pay Rates: Day: £20.35 Night/Saturday: £26.16 Sunday: £31.97
Working in partnership with Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust NHS Professionals provides a service that combines intimate understanding of the Trust’s temporary and flexible workforce requirements with the reliability, quality and value for money that only a managed service can offer.
NHS Professionals (NHSP) is the leading provider of managed flexible worker services to the NHS. More than 100,000 general and specialist nurses, doctors, midwives, administrative and other healthcare professionals have registered to work flexibly through the bank.
Looking for flexible work? We are looking for enthusiastic and highly motived Band 5 Paediatric Staff Nurse to join the NHSP Bank, for Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
- Experience of research-based/reflective practice, e.g. understanding and ability to use supervision to reflect on skills, attitude
- and knowledge and develop these by
- Using evidence based practice.
- Knowledge of relevant Professional and
- Clinical legislation
- Able to provide quality care that is responsive to service user’s needs, without close supervision.
- Resilient: able to cope with difficult interpersonal situations.
- Self-aware, self-confident and intrinsically
- motivated to do a good job and to motivate others.
- Forms very effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Advocates for all individuals, particularly those with protected characteristics; promotes equality and diversity.
- Empathy for service users including individuals who have experienced mental health problems.
- Loyal and able to advocate for and show pride in the work area and organization and demonstrates values of trust and NHS
- Flexibility to work shift patterns across 24hrs, 7days a week and across all clinical areas within the Trust as required
- Ability to fulfil all the requirements of the role (including physical)
To apply for this post, the you will have the following:
- Minimum of 6 months RN UK (Private or NHS) hospital/Prison experience within the last 2 years or Completion of a Return to Practice within the last 2 years. Comply with NMC Professional Registration and keep up to date with current nursing practices.
- Knowledge and demonstration of the use of evidence-based care.
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to maintain a high standard of record keeping
- Be proficient in the delivery of care to patients
- Ensure safe administration of drugs in accordance with NMC and CHS policies
- Ensure accurate records are kept in accordance with CHS policy and NMC guidelines
- Carry out nursing procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and standards
- Undertake regular mandatory training
In return for your hard work and your professional, caring and reliable service you will have access to the following benefits
- Competitive weekly pay work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of available shifts bank members get priority over agencies
- Paid annual leave build on your holiday allowance every shift you work
- Statutory maternity/paternity pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Free training and development opportunities including Continuous Professional Development
- Access to NHSP Stakeholder Pension Plan
- A local team to provide help, support and advice whenever you need it
- 24/7 telephone access to a Service Centre
If you would like to join the NHS Professionals bank please apply today.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note that you will be contacted via email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.