A vacancy has arisen within the Specialist Medicine Business Unit at the Royal Derby Hospital for a Medical Secretary Pathway Coordinator to work 37.5 hours per week.
Are you an experienced Medical Secretary that has the skills and qualities to work in a fast paced environment? We are looking for a Medical Secretary Pathway Coordinator to join our Diabetes Secretarial Team within the Specialist Medicine Business Unit, Derby.
Working for a Team of Consultants, you will need to be an enthusiastic and motivated team player with excellent communication & problem solving skills. You will require high levels of tact, diplomacy with the ability to prioritise your own workload effectively to enable day to day management.
You will have a broad range of administrative skills in particular:
o Previous experience of working as a Medical Secretary
o Ability to work independently and as part of a team
o An understanding of the 18-week RTT process
o Knowledge of the Trust Patient Access Policy
o Knowledge and familiarisation of medical terminology
o Excellent organisational and communication skills
o Knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet and email systems
o RSA III or an equivalent qualification
o Audio typing experience
You will be working alongside other Medical and Support Secretaries, Consultants and various other clinical staff.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing Date: 27 January 2021
Interview Date: 10 February 2021
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises; this includes Covid-19 secure areas. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or you have been instructed to self-isolate by track and trace and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Jessica Hallam – Operational Coordinator
Email: [email protected]