University Hospitals of Derby and Burton (UHDB) is looking to recruit a talented and experienced individual to provide strategic leadership for our Quality Assurance Service.
The service provides in-house expertise to the onsite aseptic units and also provides expertise to external MHRA licensed facilities.
As a newly merged organisation we are looking to optimise the benefits from our patient orientated aseptic service, configure our chemotherapy provision across UHDB, grow our commercial partnerships and develop the skilled workforce that we need.
With increasing national recognition of the importance of Pharmacy Aseptic Services and the ongoing national review there has never been a better time to develop your skills in this specialist field. Your development will be supported by a close working relationship with the Chief Pharmacist and the Senior Management Team. If you are interested in this wide ranging opportunity please do get in touch to discuss the post in more detail.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development, together with an opportunity to work across some or all of our 5 sites depending on specialty
- Support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond
- Friendly, supportive and caring colleagues
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key facts about our Trust:
- Every day our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients
- We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
- An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – the 6th largest in the country
- Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients every day
- We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
- We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
- We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
- We employ 12,000 staff across our 5 hospital sites
- We have a Director of Allied Health Professionals who is committed to provide leadership, progression and direction to AHPs
Closing date of applications: 2 December 2020
Interview date: 16 December 2020
Due to COVID-19 and the Governments guidance on social distancing your interview may be carried out via Microsoft Teams. If this is the case you will be notified in advance so that if you don’t have the app you can download it either on to your phone or computer/laptop. The download is free of charge. Where your interview is face to face, the Trust will ensure social distancing. You will be required to wear a mask on all UHDB premises; this includes Covid-19 secure areas. If you have Covid-19 related symptoms or you have been instructed to self-isolate by track and trace and have been invited for a face to face interview please request a Microsoft Teams interview.
Trac emails can sometimes go in to your junk mail so please check this for feedback on your application.
For further details / informal visits contact:
David Raynor – Head of Pharmacy Manufacturing Unit
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01283511511 ext: 5275