The Priory Hospital Preston is part of the Priory Group, Europe’s leading provider of specialist treatment in mental health. The hospital has an established reputation for providing the highest standards of care together with an extensive range of clinical services. The hospital has residential facilities for 38 patients.
Preceptorship Nurse- Eating Disorder Unit
Are you a motivated and dynamic Mental Health Nurse looking for a new challenge? We are looking for an Preceptorship Nurse to work on our Eating Disorders Unit.
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Set within landscaped gardens, the safe and supportive environment of the Priory Hospital Preston offers a comprehensive inpatient specialist mental health service for adults. The service is dedicated to providing innovative, high quality care and treatment for service users with challenging and complex needs, in order to enable their recovery and re-engagement with the community.
We are looking to recruit an individual with a genuine interest in making a difference to people’s lives. Working as a mental preceptorship nurse within our eating disorder services, you will be expected to –
• Be part of a large multi-disciplinary team providing safe and effective care for individuals with complex mental illness.
• Act as a key worker
• Observe / respond to patient behaviours on the ward which may include self harm and acts of aggression.
• Formulate risk assessments and care plans to meet individual needs.
• Medication management.
• Act as shift co-ordinator, allocating staff and having the ability to oversee the work of junior staff and colleagues.
• Maintain the safety of patients and staff.
• Ensure good quality of patient documentation which meets regulatory guidance and statutory requirements.
• Work within the NMC Code of Conduct and practice guidelines.
We offer consistent support, training and professional development and we look to ensure that our Nurses do what they love.
Our service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all year round therefore we are looking for people who are flexible to cover shifts both days and nights on a rotational basis.