Production Maintenance Engineer
- Full Time
Do you have engineering experience within a manufacturing or production environment?
Do you have experience maintaining industrial equipment?
This is a band 6/7 position, paying between £16.52 and £32.78 per hour depending on experience and the shifts/days worked.
We have 5 opportunities available for temporary work as Maintenance Engineers at the Chilworth Lab (Science Park, Southampton, Hampshire, SO16 7QJ).
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible until 31st March 2022, with the view of this being extended.
If you are not already on the bank you will need to be able to provide a reference covering a 6-month period of employment within the last 3 years.
Various shifts across Monday Sunday, possible shifts between 6.00 22.30.
We are looking to hire a multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to maintain industrial equipment. The role is working in a liquid handling laboratory environment operating a two-shift system. The facility has a variety of equipment including conveyor systems, laboratory equipment and robots.
As a Maintenance Engineer your primary role is to carry out routine maintenance and troubleshoot equipment faults on site. In addition, you may be required to install new equipment, remove old equipment, and train staff on equipment operating procedures.
To ensure success as a Maintenance Engineer, you should have knowledge and experience of industrial equipment. Be able to work well under pressure and demonstrate high-level problem-solving skills. The facility operates on a high-volume testing basis and needs to operate efficiently to achieve its targets.
Experience with I.E.E Wiring Regulations, Integrated Robotics in a manufacturing environment and Preventative Maintenance Programmes are essential.
Senior opportunities available for candidates who have supervise/lead a team of engineers.
A “toolbox” of problem-solving skills including wear trend analysis and being able to support the business continuity plan by identifying key spares, out of hours contacts, service provision etc is highly advantageous.
- Perform and implement preventive as well as reactive Maintenance tasks. Support high levels of OEE
- Inspecting equipment and conducting routine maintenance to maintain production targets.
- Troubleshooting equipment malfunctions. Installing new, servicing, and replacing old equipment.
- Providing technical support and training on new equipment.
- Improving efficiency of existing equipment.
- Adhering to all safety and performance regulations.
- Interface to Equipment Suppliers for all Maintenance related tasks
- Apprenticeship or qualification in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of working with mechanical and electrical devices ranging from laboratory equipment, conveyor systems and robots.
- Ability to read system schematics and interrogate software applications.
Do you have these skills?
IF YES … We look forward to hearing from you soon!
The University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust provides services to 1.9 million people. The Trust is currently involved in the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Saliva Testing Programme around testing for Covid 19.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits:
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it 24/7 365 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don’t have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 126,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Register today for various flexible working options and long-term placement opportunities.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.