Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
- Full Time
Job Title and Grade: Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner Band 5
Pay Rates: Days: £15.66 Saturdays/Nights: £20.35 Sunday/Bank Hols: £25.05
Trust: Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
Location: Trust Wide/Remote Working
Are you registered Psychological Practitioner? Would you like a role with stability? Would you like the opportunity to work at various sites across the county? Do you want positively impact patient’s lives?
Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner Band 5
Key Skills/Responsibilities: (Included but not limited to):
- Accept referrals via agreed protocols within the service.
- Assess patients for suitability for psychological interventions.
- Undertake patient-centred interviews which identify areas where the Patient wishes to see change and/or recovery and makes an accurate assessment of risk.
- Make decisions on suitability of new referrals, adhering to the department’s referral protocols, refer unsuitable clients on to the relevant service or back to the referral agent as necessary or steps-up the patient’s treatment to high intensity psychological therapy.
- Provide a range of information and support for evidence based high-volume low intensity psychological treatments. This may include guided self-help computerised CBT, information about pharmacological treatments. This work may be face to face, via telephone or other media.
- Adhere to an agreed Job Plan, relating to the overall number of Patient contacts offered and clinical sessions carried out per week, in order to minimise waiting times and ensure treatment delivery remains accessible and convenient.
- Participate in the development of comprehensive range of psychological interventions that includes individual and group work.
- Complete all requirements relating to data collection in accordance with information governance legislation.
- Work closely with other members of the team ensuring appropriate step-up and step down arrangements are in place to maintain a stepped care approach.
- Assess and integrate issues surrounding work and employment into the overall therapy process, referring on for further support as appropriate.
- Liaise and refer on to other health and social care staff from a range of agencies and organisations to help meet the identified needs of patients.
In order to apply for a post, youmusthave a Minimum of 6 months UK (Private or NHS) Psychological Wellbeing experience within the last 2 years and have a Valid HCPC Pin.
Benefits of working Bank
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits:
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Support when you need it 24/7 365 day Service Centre on 03332 407 552
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts do not have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
For more information on the roles or details on how to join NHS Professionals, simply get in touch with Helenna Butler, Trust Recruitment Coordinator on 01905 681781 or email [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.