Are you looking for a bright future……. Look no further, you’ve found us, Emergency Village at SRFT !!
We are part of the Northern Care Alliance NHS Group, along with Pennine Acute, and together we create one of the largest NHS healthcare organisations in Greater Manchester and the North West.
Salford Royal is an Outstanding Trust – the first Trust in the North of England to achieve the highest rating given by the Care Quality Commission.
Here at the Emergency Village you can achieve your dream job, building your skills and being part an ever growing dynamic workforce where patient centered care is at the fore front.
We can offer you a diverse working environment whilst allowing u to develop your Clinical skills, knowledge and expertise giving you the opportunity to gain advanced specialised skills to care for Patients with complex needs within our Respiratory Support Unit.
Have you the passion, enthusiasm and drive to succeed, if the answer is yes we want to hear from you if you’re a Student Nurse, Newly qualified or already and experienced Nurse. There are opportunities for you to equip yourself with skills that will assist your career progression or find and stay in your dream job where variety is just a normal day.
Options you may wish to consider:
- Substantive posts for junior and experienced nurses within EAU & The Respiratory Support Unit ( Medical High care Unit MHCU & ward H2- Acute respiratory Ward)
- Rotational posts incorporating, EAU, MHC & H2 with a final rotation to A&E or Critical Care as an option. This series of placements can be scheduled to suit individuals but generally are 6-9month placements in each area.
- Comprises of a 55 bedded Assessment Unit
- Ambulatory Emergency Care– providing step up from GP assessment
- Comprehensive older persons zone offering specialist Geriatrician, Social work and therapy input and frailty assessment
- High Intensity Treatment zone – offering up to 10 monitored beds with full telemetry and daily Cardiologist review
- 1:2 Nurse to patient ratio
- Non Invasive ventilation including CPAP. BIPAP and high flow oxygen
- Level 2 care provided for patients stepping up or down, to or from Critical Care including patients who will not benefit from a Critical Care setting.
- 25 Bedded Ward
- Specialise in all respiratory needs providing Non-invasive ventilation (NIV), care of chest drains, tracheostomies, laryngectomies working closely with respiratory therapists to provide a multidisciplinary working environment
- Acute care delivered within a short length of stay demands advanced discharge management skills
In line with the Trust’s Single Equality Scheme we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, marital status, social back ground or trade union membership. However, as members of ethnicity minority groups and individuals with disabilities are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name: Debbie Fletcher Collins Job Title: Unit Matron Telephone Number: 0161 206 8765 Additional Contact Information