Grade: Band 5
Responsible to: Talent & Recruitment Manager
Accountable to: Head of Recruitment and Retention
To ensure a professional, accurate, compassionate, customer focused, value driven workforce recruitment service is provided to all stakeholders.
Management of the Recruitment team
- To provide line management guidance and support to the recruitment team.
- To regularly update the recruitment team with employment changes.
- Effectively manage the team to ensure there are adequate staffing levels for the core times (9.00 am to 5.00 pm)To coordinate and run daily morning team meetings ensuring daily priorities are identified & actioned
- To perform weekly activity reviews with each member of the Recruitment team, using KPI information from TRAC reporting.
- Ensure newly appointed staff receive a comprehensive and welcoming induction.
- Ensure the Recruitment team are visible, supportive and continuously improve the service provided to stakeholders.
- To act as a role model at all times, championing the Trusts values and continuously striving to improve the relationship between teams.
- To ensure all team interactions with stakeholders reflect the Trust’s values and behaviours, challenging behaviours the Trust does not wish to see.
- Provide a quick, efficient and effective recruitment service, delivering on the Trust Recruitment KPI’s.
- Manage the recruitment team activity against the agreed KPI’s.
- Champion value based recruitment for all staff and provide support as a value based interviewer.
- Daily management of the TRAC dashboard ensuring all applicants are receiving regular updates and the daily tasks and queries are managed and answered.
- Conduct monthly data quality checks to ensure ESR is up to date and has no missing fields.
- Produce performance reports for review meetings and attend to update on compliance against the KPI’s.
- Using reports from TRAC, provide weekly statistics to the Divisions to help monitor progress and performance.
- Provide specialist and general advice to the Recruitment team, answer queries based on specialist knowledge of NHS check standards and employment legislation.
- Monitor the return of contracts of employment and ensure the Recruitment team are issuing the implied terms letters in a timely manner.
- Ensure the Recruitment team have the physical resources to manage their day to day tasks, especially during large intakes.
- Provide a comprehensive, accurate and timely quality control process for all general appointments.
- Identify recruitment trends and implement initiatives with the Divisions to manage change.
- Manage the monthly update for recruitment, working with Divisions to identify and support workforce priorities. Continuously work with the Divisions to fill their vacancies in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the Specialist Support team, provide Trust wide training and information briefing sessions on Recruitment and how to effectively recruit, to include training of the DocuSign & TRAC authorisation process.
- Obtain regular feedback from stakeholders and review services and processes as required.
- Respond to Freedom of Information requests as required.
- When requested by the HR Consultant – Policies and Procedures, contribute to the development and updating of the Trust’s HR policies and procedures.
- As required, attend local and national Workforce, recruitment, TRAC and NHS jobs networking events & trainings, updating the team with the content on return.
- Introduce and attend national careers events, milk rounds and schools to promote medical careers at OUH. Liaise with Staff to ensure they support the promotion of vacancies.
- Social media administration and contributor for Trust Recruitment accounts (e.g. Facebook Group / Twitter), oversee accounts, respond to comments, engage with prospective candidates and contribute regularly.
- To provide full desk coverage in the absence of team members & peers; to support colleagues and other members of the team at particularly busy times.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive; the post holder will therefore be expected to adopt a flexible attitude towards these duties, which may be varied subject to the needs of the department and in keeping with the general profile of the post.
Opening Date: 13th January 2021
Closing Date: 27th January 2021
Planned Interview Date: tba
For further details / informal visits contact:
Tara O’Brien, Talent & Recruitment Manager at tara.o’[email protected] or call 01865 222083