Registered Nurse - Complex Care team
- Full Time
Registered Nurse Operating in a Complex Care team
(Full Time / Part Time open to discussion)
Are you a registered nurse? Are you passionate about patient care? Are you looking for an opportunity to work within our renowned clinical teams who are making a real difference to patients?
This role will involve clinically assessing and treating Care Home patients, as part of a fully supportive PCN MDT, consisting of… GPs, physiotherapists, mental health practitioners and pharmacists.
What are the main duties of the role?
- To operate in nursing and residential homes and patients own home, a surgery setting and other health care settings as required.
- take a comprehensive patient history, carry out physical examinations and use expert knowledge and clinical judgement
- Refer patients for investigations and/or the appropriate specialist where appropriate
- Carry out treatment, including the prescribing of medicines. Work with colleagues to de-prescribe as appropriate to the health care needs and wishes of the patient and their families.
- use their practice experience to plan and provide skilled and competent care to meet patients’ health and social care needs, involving other members of the wider health care team as appropriate; to include working with the care home team and patients to provide advanced care plans for patients;
- ensure the provision of continuity of care including follow-up visits;
- assess and evaluate, with patients, the effectiveness of the treatment and care provided and make changes as needed;
- work independently and as part of a local and wider health care team;
- provide leadership; and clinical support to other team members, make sure that each patient’s treatment and care is based on best practice
At Priory Medical Group, all our employees should enjoy coming to work and enjoy feeling a part of the team! We will ensure you are provided with a clinical supervisor and a supportive network around you.
What we look for in your application:
- Registered with the Nurse and Midwifery Council (NMC)
Preferable; A combination of these requirements can be considered for the ‘right person;
- Nurse Prescriber
- minor illness and/or chronic illness
- Proven background of operating within a community setting.
- Or a proven willingness to take on required training / qualifications for the above.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients from all walks of life
- Ability to build positive rapport with a diverse range of internal colleagues and clients
- Ability to work autonomously whilst also having an awareness when identifying the need to access the wider clinical team appropriately and safely
- Proven background of functioning well in a wider team and contributing to a supportive team environment
- First class organisational and time management skills in a fast paced environment is essential.
- Hold a Full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle to travel between surgeries and other health care settings as appropriate
So are you in?
Working Hours: open to discussion
Rate of Pay: Competitive (depending on the strength of the candidate)
Location: Operating in a community environment such as residential care homes and home visits. Although may include other health care settings such as a primary health care surgery setting.
Please apply for this vacancy by clicking or visiting NHS jobs and searching Priory Medical Group, York. Please include why you feel you have the aptitude, attitude and skills for this role.
Selection for Interview
The Practice recognises that discrimination of any kind is both unlawful and would act as a barrier to finding the most talented individuals for our organisation. As such, our recruitment and selection procedures exist to ensure no job applicant, employee or worker is discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
A great deal of careful consideration has been invested in preparing the advert for this post based on the specification for this role and the person we are looking for. Our selection for interview process is designed to ensure individuals are selected for interview on the merit of their application only.
If you are applying through NHS Jobs, you will notice you are asked if you would like a guaranteed interview as part of the ‘Two Tick’ disability scheme. Whilst this is an admirable government initiative, please be aware we are not signed up to this scheme. This is a question on the NHS jobs application form which is outside of our own control. Our own process ensures we consider candidates on the merit of their application only and we do not ask any questions regarding a disability as part of our selection process. We only give candidates the opportunity to share information regarding any disability after candidates are invited to interview and only if the candidate feels they require adjustments in the interview process....
For more information about this vacancy press the 'Apply For Job' button.